Software Engineering Manager - Branded Entertainment
We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager to oversee the development of Rentrak’s Branded Entertainment product. Our perfect candidate is an experienced manager who will take our current Microsoft .NET based technology and drive the growth and development of our latest product offering to the advertising industry! This is a great opportunity for someone who thrives in a start-up organization and is looking to lead a team of engineers, QA analysts and technical staff as we take our software to the next level.
The Software Engineering Manager will be part manager; interviewing, developing, coaching and mentoring our talented technical team. They will also be part technical project manager, ascertaining just what we need to do to make our software product even better and assigning programming tasks to our incredibly gifted engineers. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for the opportunity to bring best practices, processes and procedures to a rapidly evolving team.
- Works closely with Product Managers and Directors to assign developers to projects and ensures work is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assigns and oversees work being done by engineers and QA Analysts.
- Delegates work assignments to assure that software projects are completed in a timely manner based upon company priorities and ensures that workload is evenly distributed.
- May be called upon from time to time to resolve programming issues with users.
- Organizes the underlying architecture and defines programming standards for Rentrak .NET development.
- Serves as technical adviser to management to provide programming perspective on requirements.
- Act as mentor for new or junior level software developers.
- Proactively identifies issues to management so they can be resolved before work flow is affected.
- Facilitates a strong team environment.
We're looking for candidates who have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field as well as five years related experience and/or training in a software development environment. This person must have at least 5 years of direct management experience in a software development environment focusing on the Microsoft technology stack. Our ideal candidate will excel at driving change, have demonstrated experience supporting a strong team of engineers and love to build an outstanding product.
This is the newest product offering in the Rentrak portfolio and a fantastic opportunity for someone to grow, grow, grow. The branded entertainment division / product serves some of the largest advertisers, including Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota, Pepsi, Subway and Telemundo, with advanced analytics for branded entertainment in TV and digital media. We are looking for motivated engineer managers who want to take our technology and business to the next level helping us realize its full potential. If this sounds like your kind of environment, let’s talk, we'd love to hear from you!
Rentrak Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a commitment to workplace diversity. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. Rentrak participates in eVerify.
Rentrak Corporation - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard