We're a small company with a big vision, and we work as a cohesive team to make that vision a reality. We don't believe in mind-numbing org charts or office politics. We do believe in taking risks, working hard, and having lots and lots of fun.
At WhitePages we reach over 50 million monthly users and manage billions of data points with just 125 employees, which means you will have a direct impact on the health of our business and the end user. Our small size also means we're each expected to think two steps ahead at all times, stay on the bleeding edge of technology and make recommendations that drive product decisions.
Our interns are given a specific problem to solve at the beginning of the summer. During your summer internship you will propose and implement a solution to that problem. In the last week you will be given the opportunity to present to our engineering org on some technical aspect of your project. Our challenges range from integrating a new product line to solving really big data problems.
You won’t be getting someone’s coffee in this internship. Expect to see your code shipped.
- Write high-performance, maintainable code that is easy to read and well-documented
- Write automated tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code
- Come ready to learn from some of the best and brightest in the industry
- Work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and fast moving team
- Be effective in a team environment working with fellow engineers and product management
- Computer Science Major or equivalent
- Demonstrated passion for software engineering and learning new technologies
- Experience writing well-tested software
- Fluency in one or more languages such as Java, Ruby, Scala, Python, C#/C++/C
- Understanding of OO design, algorithms, and data structures
- Demonstrated high-achiever through strong academic record
- Aptitude to quickly learn new languages and technologies as necessary
We're headquartered in the heart of downtown Seattle, but also have offices in midtown Manhattan and Budapest Hungary. We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, please visit www.whitepagesinc.com
Whitepages - 15 months ago
Whitepages is the leading source for contact information in North America and is at the forefront of developing services that help people...