Software Engineers, C/C++, Networking
Research and Development
As a Software Engineer, you will be engaged in developing, refining, and enhancing features in our suite of Intelligent Network Management Products. The Network Design and Optimization team develops features that provide a general framework to support automated network design within OPNET products and uses the framework to create specific design solutions. Example design solutions include traffic engineering, topology design and capacity planning.
Here’s what you should bring to the table:
* BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Operations Research, Electrical Engineering or a related field is required, advanced degrees preferred
* Must have a thorough knowledge of software engineering principles, object oriented programming and the C/C++ languages
* Development experience on Windows and Linux operating systems
* Knowledge in combinatoric optimization, graph theory, algorithms, data structures, network optimization, capacity planning, network modeling, and simulation
* A broad-based background in communications network technologies including knowledge of IP network routing protocols (e.g., OSPF , IS-IS, BGP ), MPLS or an overall enthusiasm for the field
* Experience with software development processes and tools.
* Must have a can-do attitude and a serious desire to have an impact on your company and the industry
OPNET Technologies - 10 months ago