As a Software QA Engineer on the Financial Systems team, the individual will participate in planning of test strategy such as functional, regression, and load & performance. Main responsibilities include testing of web services and back-end servers used in connecting our platform to other financial institutions, develop and execute test cases based on specification, refining existing scripts for modularity and automation prep purposes, and perform 3rd party integration testing before product launch. Highly motivated, sharp technical computer graduates with 5 years of experience to come and use your skills to perform highly technical testing across a suite of financial products under PayPal''s Bill Me Later service. Work closely with a cross-functional team including business leaders, development engineers, scrum masters, and project managers to execute testing within an extremely fast-paced agile environment. Participate in agile scoring meetings, user story development and test case reviews. Develop backend data-driven test cases using Groovy within soapUI and create automated test cases using BlueFin/Selenium. Take advantage of a prime opportunity to sharpen your technical skills, learn the Payments and Credit business. With your “can do” attitude, bright smile and sharp skills, come join a team that is willing to take on any challenge and succeed!
- Programming experience with Java or an object oriented programming language a plus
- Experience with one or more of the major RDBMS (Oracle or DB2)
- Good understanding of SQL
- Test multiple projects simultaneously against tight timelines
- Collaborate with teams in various locations and time zones
- Experience executing a wide variety of UNIX commands and scripts
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to communicate across business and technical teams
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Exposure to testing web services and creating automated scripts using soapUI a plus
- Knowledge of back office Credit and Operational processes (Credit / Underwriting, Settlement, Chargeback, etc) a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a positive due to dynamic nature of discussions with other engineering and product teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is required and MSCS preferred
Monster - 30+ days ago
Dew Software Inc. provides IT Consulting and Software development services, headquartered in Fremont, CA.
Our offerings include: