Gilbarco Veeder-Root represents the leading brands of solutions and technologies that provide convenience, control, and environmental integrity for retail fueling and adjacent markets.
In 2002, the Gilbarco and Veeder-Root companies combined into one marketing brand, with distinctive and complementary business lines, services, and sales capabilities.
Gilbarco is a leading global supplier of fuel dispensing equipment, fully integrated point of sale systems for the global petroleum marketplace. Gilbarco is headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina with sales, manufacturing, research, development, and service locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia, the Pacific Rim and Australia.
We are seeking an individual with a passion for new product development and a strong, creative testing aptitude. This is an excellent growth opportunity for a Software Quality Engineer to expand his or her experience, leadership, and technical expertise.
The Software Quality Engineer contributes as a cross-functional team member applying a system perspective to quality activities ahead of production release to customers. This position demonstrates a hands-on approach to software verification for timely delivery of high quality solutions. The incumbent must utilize software test engineering concepts to include test planning, design, analysis, execution, and test optimization.
- Application of test concepts to derive targeted testing of complex products (functional, systems integration, and performance)
- Develop and execute tests
- Track software defects to closure
- Initiate and contribute to improvements in test productivity to include test coverage analysis and optimization for systems under test
- Partner with technical staff to isolate and debug defects early in life cycle
- Verification of software and hardware interoperability for supported platforms
- May design and develop test tools
- May participate in documentation
- Advocate for quality product and willing to speak up for the needs of this product
- May lead QA activities for a feature or subset of a project
Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in CS/ME/EE with an experience level of 0 -3 years
- Experience with Linux OS environment
- Experience with Java
- Excellent computer skills (Windows, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Solid interpersonal skills
Danaher Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets professional, medical, industrial, and consumer products, which all generate approximately $17 Billion in revenue. Danaher’s business activities encompass four reporting segments and are comprised of six strategic platforms: Medical Technologies, Professional Instrumentation (Environmental, Electronic Test), Industrial Technologies (Motion, Product ID, Focused Niche Businesses) and Tools & Components (Mechanic’s Hand Tools).
Danaher operates globally with about 50% of its revenues derived from outside the United States. The Company has significant operating businesses headquartered in Europe and has greatly expanded its operating presence in Asia over the past several years. Danaher is a well-capitalized business, which has historically used available cash flow to fund acquisition activity.
Culturally, the company operates in a highly decentralized model with a corporate structure that has less than 50 associates. Danaher has a proven system for achieving performance: the Danaher Business System (DBS). It drives every aspect of the group’s culture and performance. DBS is a system of continuous improvement and is used to guide and measure everyday activities, which has enabled it to double in size about every 4-years with impressive financial performance.
North America-United States-NC-Greensboro
Gilbarco Veeder-Root - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Gilbarco wants to give you gas. The company (which does business as Gilbarco Veeder-Root) supplies gas stations with retail point-of-sale...