Would you like the opportunity to work with one of the premier engine and game developers in the entertainment software industry? Would you like to support the teams responsible for creating the Unreal Engine, Gears of War, Unreal Tournament and
Infinity Blade? Or maybe just be part of something Epic? If you answered yes to any of those questions, we would like to talk to you about joining our team, where everything we do is Epic .
Epic Games, the award winning developer known for the Unreal Series of games, Gears of War, and the Unreal Engine, is searching for a Software Release Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing a build and release process, including the appropriate infrastructure, documentation and automation.
The successful candidate will be an engineer who thrives in a collaborative, diverse environment and is passionate about games. You will be in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with responsibilities that include responding to issues with the build system, enhancing the build system and managing releases. You will be a key member of the engineering team maintaining and enhancing a build and release management system. Leading the effort to design and enforce policies for managing source code within perforce, including branching, merging and stream management to support parallel development.
- Provide continuous support on builds and strive to make the build and releases as close to automatic and foolproof as possible
- Monitor and administer the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of build failures
- Develop and maintain documentation of the build/release process
- Investigate tools that might speed up the process or make us more efficient in build and release management
The ideal candidate will heave experience with the following:
- Experience in maintaining and working with Windows and Linux environments
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining an automated build and release environment
- Experience in builds processes developed in C++, C#, Java, PHP, HTML and other technologies
- Experience in designing a software release process for games, including localization and console technical requirements
- Experience in coordinating release from Development to production
- Experience with perforce
Epic Games - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard