This position exists to sell software add on products and services to our existing software clients over the telephone and in selected cases onsite meetings by performing the following duties:
Proactively works with the software support team, client relationship management team, software solutions business unit and the deal management team to identify opportunities for add on sales with our existing clients by reviewing open trouble tickets, software enhancements requests, client phone calls and client meetings.
Proactively works with software solutions business unit and the large deal sales team to identify opportunities for client upgrades to next generation products, conversion to outsourcing services and SaaS offerings. If an upgrade is larger than $250,000 order value and or very complex in nature a large deal team sales person may need to be assigned at the discretion of the business unit and or the national sales director and or the deal management team lead.
Makes outbound calls to existing clients by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services and handles inbound existing client sales lead calls for software solutions to convert calls into sales.
Overcomes technical and business objections for the client opportunities and drives to close the sale.
Work with the other team members to schedule product demos, webinars, conference calls and briefing for qualified opportunities after approval of the deal management team lead.
Prepares in advance of a client sales meeting the applicable Miller Heimen Green Sheet and provides input into or creates a Miller Heimen Blue Sheet for all applicable clients.
Updates on a daily basis all client interactions, activities and contacts into CRM and will prepare a trip report for all onsite meetings.
Works daily with deal management and sales back office to ensure accurate input into CRM and all tracking activities for the status of, value of the deal, step of the sale and anticipated close date of all outstanding sales opportunities.
Participates in all required sales training, sales processes and sales calls/meetings.
Builds and maintains client relationships and looks for other cross selling opportunities for other business units and or practices of the company. Once an opportunity is identified, the lead will be referred to the applicable sales person and CRM will be updated to reflect the notes.
Works with business unit, deal management and legal in the pricing of and the preparation of all Statement of Work and Compensation Schedules for all prospective deals.
Travels to and attends trade shows and or meetings as requested by the deal management team leader and or business unit leader.
- A conscientious, highly motivated self-started, who is detailed-oriented, a strategic thinker and possesses effective time management skills that focus on long-term success.
- Experience in BSS/OSS and supporting software in the CSP Industry.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, outgoing and the ability to interact with all personality types
- Excellent verbal and written English skills; Spanish is a plus
- Ability to qualify sales opportunities, apply knowledge of clients need and establish a value proposition that results in new business
- Ability to use persuasive sales skills professionally and tactfully
- Two or more years of experience in a Sales role
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree preferred