METTLER TOLEDO is the global leader in the manufacturing, marketing and service of precision instruments for use in industrial, laboratory and food retailing applications. We have one of the largest Global Service and Sales organizations among precision instrument companies. We are hiring a Software Solutions Technical Specialist.
This position is responsible for performing billable professional services related to the Lab Business Area's software solutions - particularly METTLER TOLEDO's LabX instrument control and data collection software platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Executes validation per MT established protocols which include procedures to support the definition, development, installation, start-up, and testing of new and installed lab software systems and applications.
- Provides services for customer implementations and installations in both regulated and non-regulated environments.
- Works with pre-sales in consultative capacity to build sales pipeline.
- Responsible for the communication and coordination of validation activities and for balancing multiple projects and priorities while participating on cross-functional teams within Professional Services.
- Provide Secondary phone support to end-users, sales personnel, and field service technicians on the Laboratory Software product lines.
- Training support to field sales organization, customer support, insides sales and other members of Professional Services.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Associates degree in Science, Engineering, Computer Engineering and/or experience required. Experience working with computer and application validation, cGMPs, and 21 CFR Part 11 in an FDA regulated environment is a plus. Working experience with databases, instrument automation applications, and computer networking with Windows operating systems is required.
Problem solving ability along with excellent communication skills and diplomacy with customers are critical to the performance in the position.
Project management skills, interpersonal, communication skills, detail oriented, coordinates projects and working in a team-based environment are essential for success in this position. Knowledge of validation principles, proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio are also required. Microsoft Certified Professional or Engineer accreditations a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for approximately 50% of the time, stand 45%, and kneel and bend 5%. The incumbent must be able to use a personal computer and talk on the phone. The job involves lifting tasks normally limited to 25 lbs. or less. Travel requirement for this position is approximately 60%, and the ability to operate a motor vehicle will be required in those instances.
Mettler-Toledo, LLC - 19 months ago