SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking an Software Systems Analyst for a contract to hire position with our client in Suffolk, VA.
General Statement of Job:
Under limited supervision, performs technical work involving the design, development, maintenance, enhancements and implementation of computer program systems applications.
Work involves analyzing and defining technology and/or software needs, making determinations
regarding options to meet needs, translating user requirements into specifications, developing
and maintaining assigned applications/systems, analyzing data to identify errors and verify
integrity of data, and analyzing and designing system application changes/enhancements. Work
also involves managing and performing application/systems maintenance, upgrading hardware
and/or software, compiling and analyzing appraisal or general city application systems data
depending on department assigned, preparing computerized reports, providing technical training
and direction to users, and serving as liaison in information systems issues. Employee must
exercise tact and courtesy in frequent contact with system users, and employ initiative and
independent judgment in completing assigned tasks.
- Primarily, this person will be the analyst for finances or human resources applications.
- Candidate will work on the front end of applications to be the SME for the departments.
- Candidate with strong background in installation and maintaining core business applications.
- Experience with SQL databases a plus
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as MS Access, ArcMap, local market indicators and the Cama System
experience as a systems analyst; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS with a minimum of three to five years of
experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today!
- Requires a valid driver's license.
- If assigned to the Assessor's Office only, a Virginia Appraisal License to perform appraisal function preferred.
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SLAIT Consulting - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard