The Java Software Developer will design, code, and deploy innovative Java solutions. This role requires the Java Developer to work with a cross-functional team of requirements analysts, designers, developers, and testers through the SDLC. From the initiation of the project construct phase, the Java Software Developer will interface with various teams during the development process and through to deployment. The successful candidate will be able to provide input on specification creation and product designs, implement code, unit test changes, walk the project through release, and support the live product. Creativity, drive, and initiative are essential to the success of the Java Developer.
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE Web Application Development experience
- Knowledge of deploying applications via IBM Console for WebSphere Application Servers (WAS)
- Application Development in Eclipse IDE and IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD)
- Experience with IBM Rational ClearCase for source control
- Unix and Shell Scripting a must
- AWS cloud computing platform experience is a plus
- Be able to work as part of an Agile cross-functional team
- Knowledge of the Healthcare Industry and claim processing cycle with a focus on payer Electronic Remittance Advices (ERAs)
- Demonstrate solid software engineering skills and willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills
Emdeon is a leading provider of revenue and payment cycle management and clinical information exchange solutions, connecting payers,...