GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009 and 2010, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Position Description :
Minimum Qualifications :
- Responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting LINUX/UNIX environments.
- Assists in configuring and troubleshooting basic network communications supporting Information support server environment (Cross Domain Information system) – (ISSE Guard).
- Provides after hours/weekend support for critical systems and scheduled maintenance when necessary.
- Proficient in troubleshooting Internet & Network- Connectivity issues, Kernel Recompilation.
- Works with internal and external customers to understand current and future requirements and develop scalable and cost efficient solutions.
- Able to research and document new products and tools; interact with vendors on ongoing basis for the purpose of investigating new equipment and services.
- Performs complex engineering, design, implementation and maintenance tasks on the DODIIS Trusted Workstation (DTW).
- Research, evaluate, and approve hardware and software solutions for complex problems; work with third party vendors to drive product roadmaps and feature enhancements.
- Makes recommendations to management on desirable additions and development.
- Manage and maintain Marine Corps Intelligence Activity (MCIA) DoDIIS Trusted Workstation (DTW) and the Information Support Server Environment (ISSE).
- Ensure proper functionality of the servers, conduct backup and restore procedures, keep the systems in compliance with security regulations, and make configuration changes and updates in the best interest of the customer.
- Develops, documents, and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for DTW, ISSE, and other UNIX systems.
- Provide timely and accurate solutions to problems while implementing new requirements set forth by the customer.
Essential Duties of the Job :
- Master's degree in computer engineering or a related field with 8 years of relevant software/systems experience; or a Bachelor's Degree in computer engineering or a related field with 12 years of relevant software/systems experience.
- Must have at least two (2) years experience leading or directing others in a team.
- Must have at least two (2) years experience with at least five (5) of the following:
- Requirements definition
- Modular testing
- Formulating Design Methodology
- Documentation origination
- Systems Integration and Testing to verify required performance
- Assessment of change proposals for technical merit
- Database design and development
- Security+ certification, Oracle/Sun Solaris certification.
- Experience must show increasing responsibility in development or maintenance of software and/or information networks.
Conducts oneself in a professional manner while possessing good customer service skills.
- Outstanding team player, with the capability to work independently; confident and decisive under stressful conditions.
- Dexterity to grasp new ideas and relate them to a relevant field with flexibility to blend into any work environment.
- TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
- Ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on a computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Bonuses
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Wellness Plan
- Corporate-Sponsored Events