Act-On is looking for experienced Quality / Test engineers to work with our software engineering team on our core products and services in our fast-growing SaaS business. Our engineering team is agile and fast – and with our QA team in Beaverton Oregon you will work alongside our engineers in our highly collaborative environment.
You will be responsible for test case development; test execution; test result reporting along with defect investigation, bug report creation, progression and verification of fixes and test automation in our evolving agile environment.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:
- Is passionate about testing – especially for dynamic Web-2.0 & cloud based applications.
- Maintains strong test discipline and best practice within a flexible agile development environment.
- Is passionate about working closely with software engineers at a peer level and can effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strives to understand the customer perspective and develop customer-driven test strategies.
- Has that that 'keep picking at it' quality that shows she/he has "the tester gene" – willing to go beyond a surface test case to root out root causes.
- Can't resist the lure of test automation and has some chops to back it up.
- Bachelor's Degree in a software engineering related field and at least 2 years software testing experience or at least five years of experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
- Experience testing web applications on multiple Browsers, ideally in a SAAS environment.
- Experience writing and executing test plans and all other associated test deliverables.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with open source test automation tools would be a huge plus.
Act-On Software, Inc. - 16 months ago