Experience a Dynamic Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Positive Train Control Software Test Engineer
Parsons is one of the world's largest transportation planning, engineering, and construction firms. We have an extensive portfolio of diverse transportation projects including rail and transit, road and highway, bridge and tunnel, and aviation infrastructure. Parsons expertise encompasses all phases of transportation engineering operations - from the initial planning stage through final design, construction, and commissioning.
Parsons connects communities by delivering safe and efficient transportation infrastructure all over the world.
The Software Test Engineer will report to the Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate will provide hands-on support to all aspects of the design, development, testing, documentation, and deployment of PTC systems in accordance with industry standards and applicable regulations, and will be experienced in Transit Systems with a working knowledge of Control Center, Wayside, and On-Board Systems pertinent to rail control operations as well as systems interoperability. The Software Test Engineer must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate personal initiative with a passion for experimentation, problem solving, learning, and applying analytical decision making principles.
The Software Test Engineer will become intimately familiar with contract scope, requirements, specifications, and deliverables; monitor and manage selected subcontractor development and deliverables; utilize best practices for change management, and quality assurance; and perform other duties as assigned.
A focus area of the Software Test Engineer will be in Systems Engineering and Testing. Key responsibilities include: reading and writing technical specifications, developing and reviewing technical designs and systems integration plans; conducting on-site reviews including independent verification and validation of source code; system and subsystem level testing, developing and reviewing maintenance and operations plans; providing support to project management; supporting budget reviews; mentoring junior team members; and participating in project status and activation meetings.
The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of software, computers, operating systems (UNIX, Linux, Microsoft), VHF and UHF radio voice and data communications, information assurance, data security and networking technologies. The ideal candidate will also possess a deep and broad understanding of rail industry systems, bus structures, electrical interfaces, software and network protocols, and system integration with COTS hardware and software. He/she will thoroughly understand and demonstrate past performance with the systems engineering process, including requirements capture and management, system architecture and design, system verification, testing, and turn-over.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/ Electronic Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent preferred
- Development experience with C++, Visual Studio (C#, VB), and Python in a variety of operating system environments including Windows and Linux/Unix required
- 2+ years experience in the railroad signaling industry with an emphasis on Train Control and SCADA system development and implementation projects preferred
- Experience with messaging protocols such as RHE MRG and AMQP.
- System and subsystem testing.
- Experience and knowledge of Oracle database systems.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
- Java Certified Programmer
- Python Certified Programmer
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
- A motivator who is creative as well as highly self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated history working across organizational boundaries and with subcontractors to accomplish program goals.
- Must be a person of high integrity.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must possess a “Can Do” attitude and a passion for learning new technologies.
- Demonstrate ability to proactively develop relationships, identify opportunities to add value, engage team members as needed, and ensure delivery of the systems.
- The candidate must be client-focused with an ability to develop a balanced understanding of Parsons Global Business Units, business processes used in the industry, Parsons IT capabilities and a trusted-advisor status within the program.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership; Employee Stock Ownership Plan and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,000 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 4,500 projects in 50 states and 26 countries. These dedicated workers speak 89 languages collectively, and hold more than 10,300 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.
Parsons Corporation - 20 months ago
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...