Provide solid mechanics expertise and technical support to manufacturing, sales, product engineering, development engineering, field service, and service centers. Perform analytical services associated with assigned product lines and projects. Conduct and perform some phases of the engineering analysis work on an assigned project. Perform services which involve conventional engineering practice but may include some complex features such as conflicting design requirements and unsuitability of conventional materials, methodology and criteria. Determine component analysis methodology and criteria. Conduct analytical studies on various parts and/or components to support and determine proper engineering changes required in conceptual design. Recommends test procedures and methods to be used to interpret and test data. Works on design standards and improve analytical methods. Keep abreast of technological development and report patentable ideas. Recommend analytical methods to be used on assigned product lines and projects. Recommend depth of analysis required to obtain valid and reliable data. Enhance automated tools development and performs advanced component analysis. Evaluate test results and recommend appropriate corrective action to resolve conceptual design.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- Must be a US Citizen
- MS in Aerospace/Mechanical/Civil or Structural Engineering
- 3 to 5 years experience in stress design and evaluation of industrial turbo-machinery
- 3 to 5 years experience in using ANSYS Structural (Mechanical APDL/Workbench) computer codes that are commercially available and Microsoft office
- Experience with low cycle and high cycle fatigue evaluations
- Familiarity with Unigraphics software
- Ph.D. in Aerospace/Mechanical/Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experience with Visual Basic Programming
- Experience with heat transfer analysis
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Solid Mechanics design, analysis, and troubleshooting of centrifugal compressors, gas and steam turbines
- Ability to clearly and precisely communicate, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization and with clients
- Candidate should be self-motivated, well organized and able to prioritize work
- Must have good interpersonal and presentation skills for use in working with customers, sales, test, service and other engineering personnel, as well as desire to establish/maintain credibility among both customers and those in the worldwide technical community
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid.
Large enough for global market leadership...Small enough that you can make a difference.
Talented professionals are at the core of our...