MCPc delivers scalable solutions to host, secure and optimize an anyplace workspace™—helping clients empower their employees to work from anywhere, and on any device. The company is a top 100 technology VAR, driven by partnerships with providers including Cisco, VMware, Citrix, NetApp, HP, Apple, Dell and Lenovo. Headquartered in Cleveland, and with branch locations across the United States, MCPc maintains practice areas in personal systems, image and print, collaboration, borderless networks and support.
From the data center to the desktop and into the cloud, MCPc ensures client success by leveraging IT to drive business performance, improve productivity and increase revenue.
MCPc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, focused on recruiting and retaining top talent at every level. We employ premier associates in the industry who deliver value and support to our growing customer base.
As a NorthCoast 99 winner in 2009, 2010 and 2011, MCPc is recognized as one of Northeast Ohio’s best places to work.
The Solution Architect represents the company’s technical solutions to the client base associated with their respective technology practice that allow customers to implement systems for their technology business applications. This is accomplished by working collaboratively with the outbound sales staff and customer to understand the needs of the customers that meet their business needs and financial budget guidelines. The SA spends as much as 50% of their time engaged in the sales process. They are responsible for driving the growth of their technology practice, maintaining technical certifications, and maintaining a level of billable time with MCPc clients.
- Support sales opportunities for computer related hardware, software and services through consultation.
- Support customer related visits and requests (travel may be required).
- Meet with clients independently or with an account manager to discuss their needs, goals and desires.
- Describe the service offerings available from MCPc and relate them to the stated needs, goals and desires, as well as observed needs.
- Create and deliver customer facing presentations in various settings, including one-to-many environments
- Build and maintain relationships with key vendor personnel
- Ability to articulate value proposition of virtualization technologies and MCPc offerings
- Support customer related assessments, designs, and implementations via personal involvement in the delivery of proposed solutions or working in cooperation with a partner company.
- Achieve customer sign-off’s on projects via satisfactory completed implementation.
- Sales proposals (description of our understanding of the project, product or services desired).
- Statements of Work (define our responsibilities and tasks related to the project, product or services desired).
- Estimation for required time for project completion.
- Solution design (comprehensive document based upon a methodical data gathering process).
- Technology brief (how will newly introduced technology benefit the client).
- Create or aid in the creation of a Service Level Agreement (SLA) between the client and MCPc.
- Prepare pre-sales materials required to assist in the sales process.
- May be required to provide blogs to add content to mcpc.com site.
- Stay current on relative technology and pay special attention to those technical areas that compliment the MCPc identified practice areas.
- Based upon information garnered from meeting with a client, identify the appropriate products and services that best fit the stated needs, goals and desires expressed.
- Maintain the appropriate sales and /or technical certifications.
- Act as an internal resource due to your awareness of computer technology.
- Provide project management support on an as needed basis.
- Occasionally conduct technical sales training for MCPc Account Managers.
- Maintain vendor relationships on a regional level to ensure maximum sales presentation effectiveness, goodwill and the reception of leads.
- Support customer related visits and requests.
- Maintenance of the appropriate sales and technical certifications as required by the company. Dedication to ongoing education is required. The ability to learn in a classroom environment is rare because of time and logistics concerns. Therefore, significant time must be spent “self-studying.”
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, information technology or related discipline is preferred. Advanced Certifications in with the following technologies are required.
- Data Center/Network Solutions