Reporting to the Global Director- Application Delivery & Maintenance, the Solution Architect- Mobile Technologies will provide end-to-end solutions leadership for mobile initiatives across all stakeholder groups within IT and the Christie’s business.
There is a broad and growing roadmap of mobile needs to support Christie’s internal users and external clients. The Solution Architect will be responsible for providing technical expertise, guidance, design and architecture for all mobile initiatives.
The Solution Architect must ensure that solutions meet the functional and non-functional requirements of solutions and ensuring that all technical stakeholders required to deliver and manage the solution are engaged in the architectural process. They must coordinate key stakeholder concerns and ensure that any identified risks are captured, communicated and are managed throughout the delivery of solutions.
Responsibility Data: (Duties include but are not limited to the following):
- Key Characteristics:
- Highly passionate, self-motivated and driven individual who has a strong technical understanding across a broad range of technologies and solutions
- Strong desire to improve existing solutions, to innovate and to improve the current way that IT and specifically solutions architecture is performed
- Articulate communicators that have an open and transparent style of working that can influence and operate with both technical and business stakeholders effectively. They will have strong interpersonal skills can demonstrate facilitation skills, conflict resolution and the ability to set technical direction when appropriate
- Keen to progress their careers and can demonstrate areas that they have delivered tangible change to the organisations they have worked within
- Key Accountabilities:
- The end-to-end solutions architecture for all mobile initiatives
- Ensuring solutions meet the stated business and technical requirements
- Engaging and technically managing additional technical teams and individuals across Christie’s IT to ensure that the solution can be delivered to the stated requirements.
- Ensuring solutions can be delivered, managed and supported
- Ensuring solutions within their domain support the Enterprise Architecture roadmap
- Ensuring that any technical issues arising from the delivery of the Solutions Architecture are communicated and managed
- Ownership and delivery of technical whiteboard sessions in line with the IT Project Delivery Framework to ensure that all stakeholders are involved in the delivery process
- Management and escalation of any technical issues that arise in the process of providing the architectural solution.
- The creation of the overall solutions architecture for the projects and business areas that they operate within.
- Ensuring that both business and technical stakeholders understand and agree to the solution
- Ensuring that the proposed solution fits within the overall roadmap within their area of technology
- Ensuring the solution is fit-for-purpose, can be delivered and managed by the organisation
- To identify and communicate any risks associated with proposed solutions
- To challenge the business stakeholders as appropriate
- To provide technical thought leadership and look to introduce innovation, simplification and ongoing improvement to the process of Architecture within Christies
- To actively engage in technical solutions reviews across a broad number of IT and business stakeholders
- To assist the Enterprise Architect and business stakeholders in the development of roadmaps
- Providing advice and guidance to projects prior to approval
- Providing input and guidance to business cases
- Key interactions within direct team will include: Portfolio Manager, PMO, Project Managers, Technical Architects, Operations Staff, IT Leadership Team
- Key interactions within wider Christie’s business will include: Business Stakeholders/product managers within their business/technology area(s)
Skills & Requirements:
- Educated to degree level
- 5+ years of IT design/development experience with a specific focus on the implementation of complex mobile experiences
- To have full project lifecycle technical design experience on two or more significant implementations within medium to large organisation(s)
- To have demonstrable experience of dealing with complex, multi-stakeholder environments
Christie's - 15 months ago
Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc. is a global visual technologies company and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ushio, Inc. Consistently...