Solution Architects partner with EHP business professionals, Developers, Engineers, FBPMs and Analysts to design and lead the integration of IT enterprise solutions that are aligned with business objectives and core technology assets utilized by project and program teams. The overall goal of the position is to define, design and oversee the implementation of solutions compliant with the architecture of EHP in order to advance Health Plan business objectives.
Solutions Architects design integrated IT solutions built on standard IT platforms, leading and governing the design process over the project lifecycle. The Solutions Assessment document is the key artifact used to describe the solutions design, technical plans and standards incorporated into the overall delivery project.
Solution Architect I
• Provides design leadership, guidance and assistance in designing and applying the architecture to oversee the integration process for projects within the Health Plan.
• Leads and guides the development of various elements of the solutions architecture.
• Solicits input from IT and the business as a part of solutions architecture development.
• Helps to define and evolve developer roles and responsibilities at the Health Plan in order to ensure a greater understanding of best practices.
• Disseminates knowledge within Health Plan IT on design principles and implementation techniques via published papers and/or presentations.
• Oversees the creation, development and ratification of engineering and development standards. Mentors and assists engineering and development staff in doing so.
• Works with Data Analysts to ensure implementation of Health Plan data model within designed solutions.
• Facilitates and drive the design review board process to maintain disciplines and high quality in the EHP technology and solutions environment.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission & values; adheres to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Solution Architect II
• All responsibilities of level I
• Leads solutions architecture efforts that drive projects that span multiple technology and business areas.
• Facilitates components of the design review board process to maintain standards, disciplines and high quality in the EHP technology and solutions environment.
Solution Architect III
• All responsibilities of level II
• Leads solutions architecture efforts that drive major programs (level III) that span multiple technology and business areas.
• Drives the design review board process to maintain standards, disciplines and high quality in the EHP technology and solutions environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years of production level experience with a contemporary software development tool set or systems/network administration tools and environments. Preference is for JAVA/J2EE experience using IBM WebSphere, BEA Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss, or other J2EE platform. Equivalent experience with other contemporary tool sets will be considered.
• Minimum of 3 years System Architecture, Integration or Development experience
• All level I qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years Information Technology experience.
• 5 years of systems and applications integration experience
• Minimum of 5 years of Health Plan, Application Development, Systems Administration or Systems Architecture experience
• Ability to lead the Solutions Architecture discipline for projects
• All Level I and II qualifications
• 10 years or significant experience with large-scale systems integration projects and programs
• General Management/Leadership – Recognized as a leader able to inspire others through conviction, vision, and the ability to formulate and articulate direction in the area of application architectures.
• Interpersonal Relations – Sells approaches through the power of ideas rather than mandates.
• Ability to forge single-purpose commitment from others with disparate objectives
• Ability to lead the Solutions Architecture discipline across groups of projects and strategic initiatives and programs
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 14 months ago