Sirius Computer Solutions is a nationally recognized solution provider with a certified team of sales and technical professionals who have the skills, product knowledge and commitment to help clients develop and implement the right solutions to solve their business needs. You will be joining a company known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees to thrive both personally and professionally.
Our strategic partners include:
Sirius provides our software team members with competitive bonus programs, extensive training opportunities and a voice to help shape the Program they are helping to build. We seek to continue a tradition of energetic, long-term members who are collectively interested in the success of our organization.
- IBM Premier Business Partner
- Cisco Gold Certified Partner
- Dell Certified Enterprise Architect Partner
- HP Elite Partner
- Microsoft Gold Partner
- NetApp Star Partner
Sirius Computer Solutions is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Data Architect with deep skills on the IBM InfoSphere Platform. In this exciting role you will provide thought and technical leadership and overall technical responsibility for the success of solution design, implementation, system integration, testing and delivery for large scale projects for clients in various industries.
This role can be based out of any major metro area, and offers the flexibility to work from home when not at client sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of relational databases, normalization and denormalization.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of business intelligence and data warehouse best practices and procedures.
- Designs logical data models for databases and applications
- Works with development team to do database performance and tuning.
- Adapts a logical model in designing a physical model appropriate for the business and technical environment.
- Uses and understands business intelligence reporting tools and ETL tools.
- Comprehends the risks of design choices and is able to plan contingencies for those risks.
- Experience with team leadership and able to guide a business intelligence team from requirements gathering to final implementation.
- Communicates clearly with business users in non-technical language.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills and an ability to work independently.
- Performs initial data quality analysis so that design and implementation risks are diminished.
- Creates and maintains data domains to aid in the improvement of data quality.
- Designs an overall data quality plan so that future data warehouse costs are minimized and data integrity is maximized.
- Develops detailed test plans so that unit and integration testing is comprehensive and meets all possible data outcomes.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience. Equivalent work experience is defined as 2 years of related work experience for every 1 year of missing post-secondary education, in addition to the required experience below.
- At least 5 years experience in overall project delivery including solution design, implementation, system integration, testing and delivery
- At least 3 years experience installing, implementing and delivering IBM InfoSphere solutions and products
- At least 3 years experience with and in product knowledge ofn the InfoSphere Platform
- 5+ years experience with DB2
Other Desired Qualifcations:
- At least 5 years experience in exhibiting thought and technical leadership and setting technical directions
- Experience with troubleshooting/solving database issues related to performance, queries, stored procedures, setup, and data
- Strong conceptual, logical and physical data modeling and data architecture experience.
- Proficient with ETL tools and be able to architect an ETL solution
- Excellent leadership, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passion and confidence in this field
- Experience with InfoSphere Warehouse or Information Server preferred
At Sirius Computer Solutions, employees are our most important asset! We offer a competitive benefits package to encourage employee retention and increase employee satisfaction. The benefits package includes such plans as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, long term care, the company 401(k), paid holidays, and sick leave and vacation accrual. In addition, Sirius employees may utilize other benefits such as education reimbursement, online training and travel programs.
- General office environment and activities
- Constant use of keyboard
- Travel to various client locations and some weekend work required – quantity varies by location
- Air travel capability required
- Ability to drive automobile under applicable state requirements
Sirius Computer Solutions, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.