At Verizon, we feel we have more satisfied professionals than the average company. Why? We attract individuals who can achieve a healthy balance between helping the company succeed and advancing their own careers. The result is an energized, team-oriented environment where individual contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The Federal Solution Architect is responsible for working with senior IT executives as a trusted technical advisor/ partner to:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Review and analyze current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic mission objectives of the Intelligence Community
- Identify and propose specific strategies, initiatives and remedies necessary to align technology infrastructure with corporate objectives
- Support development of business drivers, business case and high level program implementation plan
- Translate customer business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements
- Develop conceptual solution architecture using combination of VzB standard products and third party suppliers to produce end to end customer solution
- Build and communicate the value proposition of the end to end solution to client executives within the Intelligence Community
- Support direct sales organization throughout the sales process
- Partner with specific product specialists to identify and collect detailed technical requirements
- Partner with business development and bid/proposal management organization to build out detailed requirements, Position papers, RFP responses and contract development
- Coordinate efforts across Verizon support/product specialist organizations to ensure overall integrity and consistency of final proposed solution
- Bundle Verizon horizontal capabilities into Vertical solutions relevant to value creation in the Intelligence Community and supporting agencies.
Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 15+ years in development and implementation of IT and/or managed telecommunications solutions
- 5+ years architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of IT and or telecom based products and service
- 5+ years strong project management skills with accountability for end to end delivery
- 3-5 years' experience in the development and implementation of one or more of the following:
- Data and IP Services (ATM, Frame Relay, VoIP, PIP, VPN, IP PBX)
- Managed Network Services (LAN, WAN, Content Delivery, Managed IP PBX)
- Managed Security Solutions
- Data Center Outsourcing (application hosting, managed storage)
- Call Center Technologies (ACD, IVR, Customer Portal)
- IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services, RTE)
- 3-5 years in customer facing positions (sales, sales engineering, consulting)
- BS or BA in Engineering or Computer Science
***Note to Reader...Please update your resume before submitting to ensure your qualifications are CLEARLY indicated on your resume and that they meet the REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE listed in this job description.***
- Masters in engineering, computer science or business administration
- Experience in sales or service of Government customers
- Direct Government experience
- Successful project delivery to at least one major customer
- Successfully lead a major Systems Integration bid/initiative. Required leadership of a matrixed support team in a cross discipline project
- Integrator experience
Want to make your mark, both as a team member and as an individual? Verizon could be just the place for you. Apply right away for this exceptional opportunity.
Back to Search Results
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...