Ascension Health ( www.ascensionhealth.org ) is transforming healthcare by providing the highest quality care to all, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Ascension Health - IS (AHIS) is a subsidiary organization of Ascension Health. As one of the largest healthcare IT services organizations in North America, AHIS has more than 2,000 associates serving in IT applications, infrastructure and program management roles. AHIS was created in 2006 in response to the Empowering Knowledge component of Ascension Health’s Strategic Direction. AHIS provides IT resources to each of Ascension Health’s Health Ministries, and is focused on strengthening the organization’s IT capabilities and providing innovative solutions in the areas of business continuity and disaster recovery services, security, and clinical and business operations.
In the role of Solutions Development Lead, you will analyze and interpret business and technical requirements and turn them into well-engineered, tested, and deployed business application systems relating to PeopleSoft Payroll and Benefits systems. This includes analysis, design, development, testing, installation, and maintenance of information systems, and may include new code construction, modifications to existing modules, interface development, web development and/or package implementation.
All commuting expenses will be paid in accordance to Ascension Health’s policy. (Relocation is not expected). Monday through Thursday work schedule on-site in St. Louis, with Friday working at home.
- Collect and define business requirements
- Assist in the design, build and test stages of the project relating to PeopleSoft Payroll and HCM applications
- Monitors, maintains and/or enhances established software to ensure the most efficient operation of the departments
- Team responsibility for the implementation and support of applications and systems, analyzing users’ information system requirements and departmental information flows; troubleshoots applications
- Participates in defect management using HP Application Lifecycle Management tool
- Creates and maintains objects in the migration and versioning tool, Quest STAT
- Understanding of the change control principles and working in a cross site environment when making system changes and modifications.
- Develops and supports PeopleSoft payroll applications including interfaces HR/Benefits, Compensation, and Time & Attendance
- Develops and supports custom components for maintaining payrules, earnings codes, deductions, and accruals.
- Develops and supports custom reporting for federal/state/local taxing agencies, paysheet calculation/confirmation, deduction and check registers, etc.
- Provide support to interface and conversion activities as required
- Produces and maintains documentation
This position is eligible for Ascension Health's Symphony Retention Plan benefit. Ascension Health's Human Resources team can provide additional information about the generous Retention Plan for eligible Symphony associates.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Seven or more years of experience in development of Payroll, Benefits, and HR applications
- Experience with PeopleSoft Application Designer, PeopleCode, SQR, and PeopleSoft Query development
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Security administration and design
- Experience with SQL development required (Oracle preferred)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
Ascension Health - 20 months ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...