Solutions Engineer (Demand Channel Partnerships) – San Francisco
Experience: 4+ Years
Location: San Francisco
Education: BSc in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, Msc Preferred
Industry Type: Technical Consulting; Technical Sales & Account Management; Professional Services
InMobi is the world’s largest independent mobile ad network. With offices on five continents InMobi provides advertisers, publishers and developers with a uniquely global solution for advertising. The network is growing and now delivers the unprecedented ability to reach 578 Million consumers, in over 165 countries, through more than 93.4 Billion mobile ad impressions monthly. Our Demand Channel Partnerships (DCP) group is a new business unit that works with selected partners to increase the breadth and variety of advertisements that run on our network. This role is part of the Demand Channel Partnerships organization but will also support a variety of cutting-edge InMobi products above and beyond DCP.
As a Sales Engineer, you will support regional sales activities through pre-sales technical support to demand channel partners, advertisers, and publishers, using InMobi’s products to develop innovative solutions and overcoming technical obstacles presented by customers. In addition, you will provide post-sales support and technical account management, both directly to customers and as part of our wider Engineering and Customer Support Team. You will be a key member of two InMobi teams: the North America business and our Global Demand Channel Partnerships business. You will actively shape the business with your technical expertise, customer focus and passion for selling innovative advertising solutions.
- Engage directly with demand channel partners to provide pre- and post-sales technical support and technical account management
- Use your deep technical understanding of InMobi’s products to drive successful customer adoption.
- Act as internal liaison between Regional Sales and Product and Engineering teams in India; be a champion of the Product and Engineering teams on-the-ground in America.
- Manage customer product deployments across internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage client expectations, communication and reporting metrics related to InMobi’s products and specific customer deployments.
- Provide an outstanding customer experience for all accounts, by setting expectations and anticipating and resolving client technical issues in a timely manner.
- Identify, evaluate and communicate key market and customer requirements from the Region to Product/Engineering team.
- Keep up with industry best practices and products and become a key resource for all client technical issues.
- Track and manage advertiser pipeline to exceed quarterly business goals.
- Demonstrate a passion for developing and deploying best practice technical sales and support processes in a high-growth, startup environment.
Note: This job requires occasional travel within the US and globally.
- Proven ability to solve customer problems and technical issues, pro-actively creating solutions through cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrable experience working with external customers in a sales environment in North America.
- Previous engineering, sales engineering or technical account management experience with mobile and/or internet advertising, including publisher and app developer deployments, analytics, ad tags/tracking, rich media and advanced targeting capabilities such as behaviorial targeting.
- Experience with Java, .NET, Perl/Python as well as broad database skills around queries and data extraction.
- Phenomenal communication skills both written and verbal and an outstanding ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple language.
- Strong analytical skills, with proven ability to share insights that drive results and customer value.
- Outstanding teamwork, organisational and interpersonal skills, with tremendous attention to detail.
- Extremely comfortable in fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Creative and analytical thinker; fast learner.