A Solutions Engineer on the Agency team works with agency partners to understand and supplement their business model and client relationships by acting as a technical resource and extension of The Nerdery’s development staff. In partnership with Nerdery Account Directors on the Sales Team, the Solutions Engineer works with our partners to understand what has been pitched or sold to their client, and assemble all relevant information including description of services to be performed, labor cost estimate, constraints, risks, and assumptions to help ensure the described task can be successfully delivered. Often working with technical specifications, wireframes, designs, and other assets, the Agency Solutions Engineer works to understand the service needed, as well as taking the lead in structuring the engagement that will best serve our partners' needs. The Solutions Engineer plays a large role in guiding Agency partners in considering technologies or ways to prioritize their client’s ideas, and assist in ideation by taking a technology-driven approach. This role comprises equal parts business analyst, requirements analyst, technical writer, and solutions architect. Solutions engineers possess strong technical communications skills, backed with experience and knowledge in interactive software development processes and tools.
- Previous sales/solutions engineering or other similar technical role focused on creating proposals
- Sales or business development experience
- Strong technical interactive development background
- Strong time management skills
- Business and technical writing experience
- Advertising/marketing/public relations experience
- Ability to be client-facing in written and oral communication skills
- User experience or design experience
- Project management experience and familiarity with the software development life cycle
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed work environment
- Ability to quickly understand high-level customer needs and identify prerequisite and adjacent tasks, features, and
Nerdery Assessment Test
Applicants who progress beyond the first interview will be given a NAT Nerdery Assessment Test | noun Acing the NAT is hard work – because it’s real work. This is a test, this is only a test – but this assignment is the shape of things to come, if you’re hired. The NAT is every bit as important as what’s on your resume. tailored to their discipline. Applicants spend upwards to 10 hours on their NAT. Ace your NAT and you’ll get our attention.
- College Degree preferred or equivalent experience in a technical or writing intensive field.
About The Nerdery
The Nerdery is a developer-driven interactive production shop that partners with creative minds and big thinkers to engineer and execute their interactive projects, including websites, social media and mobile apps. In 2010 and 2011, The Nerdery ranked #1 on the Best Places to Work list published by Mpls-St. Paul Business Journal. With offices in Chicago and Minneapolis, The Nerdery has a staff of hundreds and was founded in 2003 by three programming pioneers. The Nerdery was honored in 2010 with The Quality of Life Award and The Jefferson Award for its record of corporate philanthropy through The Nerdery Overnight Website Challenge, at which volunteers have donated nearly two million dollars worth of web development services to 66 nonprofit organizations. In addition to Biz Journal’s Fast 50 list, The Nerdery has made the Inc 5000 list of fast-growing privately owned companies for four consecutive years.
- Developer-oriented workplace; work on a variety of compelling, challenging projects surrounded by nerdy supergeniuses
- Created by nerds, for nerds; 85% of staff has development background, including senior management
- Casual dress
- Free breakfast and convenient lunch ordering/delivery
- Team environment, collaborative learning environment, transparent communications
- Flexible 40-hour work week
- Benefits package including a 401k, unlimited sick days
- On-site Yoga classes, massage service
- Dog-friendly, including monthly dog grooming
- Chess, Anime, daily hackysack; home of 20+ extracurricular clubs and room for the one you want to create
- Opportunity to advance career at growing company always looking for emerging leaders
The Nerdery is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity and to prohibit discrimination and harassment for everyone regardless of age, color, race, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, status with regard to public assistance, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
The Nerdery is a developer driven interactive production shop that partners with creative minds and big thinkers to engineer and execute...