The Global Sourcing Manager plays a critical role in the overall success of the Apple procurement model. Acting as a key interface between varying cross-functional internal and external groups. The Sourcing Manager is responsible for driving all aspects of strategic and tactical procurement elements of the business. In this role you will be part of the team managing Apple’s advanced technology silicon suppliers worldwide in concert with Apple’s overall product and business strategies, supporting all product development efforts and business organizations.
The role requires the successful candidate to be able to develop, plan, and execute the silicon sourcing requirements encompassed within Apple’s product strategies and roadmap. Working as part of a cross functional team, efforts must ensure technical and business requirements are thoroughly met, while at the same time ensuring Apple’s time to market timelines are supported. You must be able to ensure Apple obtains preferred world class solutions and support from silicon providers. Candidates must have good capabilities with respect to market analysis and cost analysis.
Demonstrated Skills Required:
- Ability to work and lead in a cross functional organization with a very dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver strategic business plans and initiatives
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to remain organized while multi-tasking numerous programs
- Creativity and “out of the box” thinking with respect to business models
- Responsible for developing and managing the business and management relationships between Apple and silicon vendors such that Apple’s advanced silicon procurement is world class.
- Help drive standardization of components of silicon sourcing operations such as silicon cost analysis and capacity models through a benchmarking program.
- Working closely with engineering teams translate product silicon requirements to RFQs to help identify the silicon manufacturer best position to supply at the highest quality, lowest risk and lowest cost.
- Negotiate Silicon Manufacturing / Sourcing Agreements working closely with legal and finance organizations.
- Planning and forecasting silicon requirements, across multiple programs and multiple vendors, while ensuring capacity requirements are met by silicon providers.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required, with MBA strongly desired.
- Experience working at or with a silicon manufacturer in various business models is desired.
- Experience, familiarity and interest in leveraging technical background while developing marketing / business skills.
- Experience in contract negotiation and budget management a plus.
- Well developed interpersonal and influence management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a large development organization with attention to detail and managing within aggressive timelines.
- Familiarity with silicon process technologies and the silicon manufacturing landscape to participate in driving silicon solution roadmaps.
Apple - 9 months ago
Apple Inc.designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices and sells...