Responsible for the sourcing of candidates for the recruitment and placement of clinical, non-clinical and management employees to fill posted positions for HCA North Texas Division hospitals and free-standing EDs. The sourcing specialist will generate productive candidate recruitment sources to build a qualified candidate pool for permanent placement recruitment. The specialist provides assistance in: placement with facilities; and obtains data for the candidate concerning hospital, the community local real estate options and local school system information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO) :
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimal requirements:
- Develop an effective pipeline of qualified candidates through sourcing and outreach strategies that maximize the applicant pool to ensure immediate and future needs of the organization are met; works collaboratively with recruiters/ leaders in assigned areas of responsibility to ensure availability of a qualified workforce to meet business objectives.
- Assist in planning and attending career fairs, college recruitment events, primary and secondary educational outreach programs, professional organization conferences, local groups, etc.
- Participate in the identification and development of cost effective sourcing strategies. Manages recruitment expenses in accordance with budget targets.
- Establish reputation of being a recognized expert in relevant labor market (i.e., service line or facility specialty departments); Establishes, cultivates, and maintains ongoing relationship with recruiters to ensure a clear understanding of departmental needs, business objectives, goals, operations and work culture.
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience, knowledge, required certifications and licensure in relation to position requirements and organizational fit; screens candidates as needed and initiates and evaluates pre-hire screening tools, and presents qualified candidates to Recruiters.
- Provide information to candidates on requirements of positions, market, and location and verify actual availability and level of interest of candidates for placement.
- Ensure timely and effective communication and follow through with all candidates and Recruiters from point of application to employment.
- Analyze sourcing effectiveness through established recruitment and selection metrics
- Possess personal credibility in the organization; ensuring appropriate balance between organizational and facility needs, and an equitable distribution of qualified candidates across division hospitals and facilities based on established criteria (critical need, candidate preference, etc.).
- Stay abreast of professional, industry and market trends. Monitors healthcare and labor trends to identify current and future workforce shortages and leads the development of strategies to proactively respond.
- Serve as a partner in growing the business by acting as an organizational advocate within the division and community.
- Participate in professional organizations, educational opportunities, etc. to foster own professional growth.
- Cover for absent sourcing specialists as needed.
- Other duties as assigned and required for effective department operations.
EDUCATION - Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Solid understanding of employment and labor laws such as equal opportunity employment guidelines and rules for applicants with disabilities is a must
- Solid understanding of healthcare industry highly preferred
- Experience using office productivity software tools like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and source passive candidates for critical positions
- Experience with recruitment sourcing functions such as Search Engine Optimization, candidate sourcing databases, and attending job fairs, professional organization meetings
EXPERIENCE - Prefer minimum of 2-3 years of current experience in high volume recruiting environment. Healthcare industry experience preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - PHR, SPHR, GPHR or Recruitment Certification is a plus
HCA North Texas
- 2 years ago - save job
With 11 world-class hospitals, 13 outpatient surgical and imaging service centers and 4 Free Standing Provider Based Emergency Departments...