Experience of a Lifetime. More than just our mission, these words describe our unique and iconic resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work at Vail Resorts is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
Keystone – With three unbelievable mountains, tons of outdoor adventures, lodging and dining all in two unique villages, it’s clear that Keystone is the best place to experience the best of the Rocky Mountains. But what really sets us apart is our people; Keystone’s staff is friendly, engaging and has an eye for the little details that make a big difference. With a heart for guest service, our staff is what makes an Experience of a Lifetime possible for every guest that visits the resort.
The Sous Chef is an experienced culinary professional and a leader in the kitchen. We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to fill this critical position for the award winning Ski Tip Lodge. This former 1800s stagecoach stop, one of Keystone’s oldest buildings, has been transformed into a cozy bed and breakfast with some of the best food this side of the Continental Divide. The Ski Tip Lodge boasts a AAA Three-Diamond rating and the guest of the lodge experience a rotating four-course dinner menu and thoughtful service that continues to get rave reviews. Job responsibilities of this position include:
- Assist in managing all culinary aspects.
- Assist executive chef in day to day operations of fine dining restaurants.
- Responsibilities include writing daily menu, ordering, receiving , teaching culinary students, scheduling, etc
- Supervises daily operations of the kitchen and staff in accordance with defined food program to set standards.
- Managing budget and food cost control
- Supervising kitchen staff and developing staff
- Create a team atmosphere and lead by example
- Assist with hiring, discipline and retaining employees
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Graduate of accredited culinary program or ACF apprenticeship program or 5 years culinary supervisory experience in a hotel or resort setting
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally. Must be able to write and produce menu.
- A flexible schedule including early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Resumes and in person interviews required
- The ability to work independently and contribute to a positive, productive work environment
Have Fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe . These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 14 months ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...