***This position is an independent contractor relationship. The position would cover the south Florida area.***
***If you are interested in being consider for this postion please send your information to Becky.Helms@LEGOLAND.com***
The main duties of the position will be to identify new business to business accounts in the South Florida area, develop relationships by making sales calls, make sales presentations in-person and over the phone, develop customer base through cold calling and attending networking activities. This position will also support consumer direct initiatives and provide support as needed for existing accounts. This position will also follow the sales through sales cycle and complete all customer and administrative paperwork in a thorough and accurate manner to ensure excellence in customer service.
Requires at least two years of professional outside sales experience, preferably in the business to business and/or tour and travel industry, a theme park, hotel/resort, or closely related business. Requires a track record of success in meeting sales quotas and targets and providing excellence in customer service. Applicant must be located in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area and fluency in Spanish is preferred. Position will require travel within the South Florida area and occasionally overnight travel may be required.
Requires ability to manage a territory and key accounts, strong selling skills and knowledge of sales techniques, and excellence in customer service. Ability to evaluate sales potential, organize, and prioritize activities with attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to meet targets, quotas and goals, and timelines. Requires demonstrated skill in interpersonal relationships, making presentations, negotiations, and verbal and written communications. Ability to function independently, proactively, and effectively in a fast paced environment. Computer proficiency with ability to use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) is required. Requires the ability to build business partnerships and relationships with industry, community and business groups and sectors to position and promote LEGOLAND FLORIDA. Knowledge of electronic ticketing systems a bonus.
1. Manages assigned market by developing account relationships. Studies existing and potential volume, and utilizes knowledge of market, sales goals and quotas to plan and organize daily, weekly and monthly work schedule. Researches, qualifies, solicits business, quotes group/event rates, closes and obtains the sales contract, and obtains payment from group accounts in assigned territory. Services existing accounts, presents promotions, and establishes new accounts. Spends approximately 80% of selling time in field sales and 20% of selling time on phone sales. Ensures excellence in customer service.
2. Follows sales through sales cycle and completes all customer and promotions paperwork in a thorough and accurate manner. Keeps management informed by submitting required activity and results reports.
3. Develops and maintains effective business relationships with key contacts and accounts in market to achieve sales goals and promote LEGOLAND Florida. Participates in trade shows, attends association meetings, and stays involved in industry organizations in market. Makes presentations utilizing knowledge of the attractions, features and guest experience at LEGOLAND to increase awareness and sales.
4. Submits orders and maintains accurate records for the sales database on customer account and sales information.
5. Participates in weekly sales meeting and shares information with team members to increase knowledge and effectiveness. Provides feedback regarding programs, service and policy.
6. Maintains an awareness of competitor programs and promotions and LEGOLAND Florida’s competitive position in the market. Keeps management abreast of current trends and issues.
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...