1. High School diploma.
2. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
1. Previous experience as a secretary.
2. Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task.
3. Previous experience with Infinite Campus.
4. Demonstrated technology skills and microsoft office products.
5. Experience or aptitude for personnel software systems like Pentamation
6. Experience with budget and purchasing processes and software.
7. Team player with exceptional human relations skills.
8. Ability to work with utmost confidentiality.
To assist the appropriate administrator/supervisor in the operation of the district.
1. Types correspondence, written communication, reports, and other correspondence.
2. Completes secretarial work including telephone calls, messages, and receptionist duties as requested by administrator/supervisor.
3. Assists in hiring substitute staff.
4. Processes all requisitions and purchase orders and communicates with staff regarding payments of bills and accounts.
5. Is responsible for the proper receipt of all funds and monies collected and their processing.
6. Orders and maintains supplies as needed for the operation of the office.
7. Responsible for the use and functioning of office machines.
8. Develops and maintains an effective level of communication with appropriate personnel.
9. Maintains a continuing program of staff development and training to develop a competent workforce.
10. Performs other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the administrator/supervisor/ Superintendent.
Bending, carrying, climbing, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking.
1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity.
2. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
12 month employment
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
Ankeny Community School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the District to provide equal employment opportunity and not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or marital status in its employment and personnel practices. The District will affirmatively recruit women and men, members of diverse racial/ethnic groups, and persons with disabilities for job categories where the representative groups are underrepresented.
Smoking is prohibited on