· To ensure that all daily batch jobs are properly setup and successfully completed while interacting with both internal and external customers.
1. Process daily client eligibility updates (via electronic file transfer, CD-Rom).
2. Edit daily JCL for nightly batch processing.
3. Communicate with client if challenge with file occurs or file is late.
4. Work with client to rectify challenges regarding FTP site.
5. Work with internal client’s for eligibility and encounter data.
6. Setting up and modifying production jobs and processes to support business and technical requirements.
7. Documenting the current processes at the level necessary to take responsibility for day to day IT operations in the assigned area(s).
8. Understanding the current technical and business environment to provide seamless support of existing production processes.
9. Receive and resolve challenge calls during nightly processing.
10. Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
11. Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to, the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements.
12. Diligently maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and the overall facility on a daily basis.
13. As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned.
14. Monitoring production process and responding to issues that arise. Seeing production issues through to resolution within the defined production window and/or turn-around time.
· High School diploma or equivalent; plus two years additional education with a concentration in data processing and programming courses preferred.
Experience & Background:
· Strong knowledge of VSE/ESA JCL (Job Control Language) preferred.
· Knowledge of software packages: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Windows, Visio, Easytrieve Plus, COBOL, IBM mainframe (VSE/ESA), Tumbleweed, and computer operations required.
· Data processing experience.
· Knowledge of PC’s.