*Positions will begin in February with extended time through July 25, 2013. There are currently positions available at South, Dowling, Hmong Academy, ECSE at Wilder, The Davis Center and Transition Plus.
Design, coordinate, schedule and manage implementation of ESY program at site locations for provision of special education services. Work collaboratively with ESY Program Coordinator and Administrators to create cluster site schedules, assign classrooms, curriculum design and hiring according to established budget.
Director of Special Education Programs
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Valid license in special education teaching, psychology, social work or counseling
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills and ability to lead
MFT Teacher Salary Schedule
- Mandatory attendance at the Extended School Year meetings, beginning in mid-February.
- Work in collaboration with district administrators and ESY Program Coordinator to create cluster site schedules, classrooms, and curriculum design, and to hire appropriately licensed staff to fill positions.
- Coordinate ESY program design and implementation and be present during all hours of extended school year session.
- Determine, in coordination with the host site, available rooms for ESY programming and assign staff to rooms.
- Attend ESY Training on June 14, 2013 and work June 17, 2013 in the building to prepare site. Notify ESY Program Coordinator of day selected.
- Work with ESY Program Coordinator to identify students who may need additional supports. Determine cluster staffing based on this information.
- Coordinate and oversee Transportation: if needed, communicate to all parents (via bus tags and letters) the times and street locations for pick-ups and drop-offs. Inform transportation of student address changes.
- Create the cluster staff schedules, including bus coverage before and after school, lunchroom coverage during breakfast and/or lunch, and classroom support during the student contact day.
- Ensure that ESY Implementation Plans, behavior intervention plans, IEP at a Glance and emergency contact/health care needs are completed for each student.
- Receive, organize and distribute all bar-coded district curriculum materials and supplies by classroom. Collect, organize and secure curriculum materials from teaching staff at the end of Extended School Year Session.
- Submit student daily attendance to ESY Program Coordinator on weekly basis for Etagging and staffing.
- Disseminate and collect parent, and staff surveys on the last week of ESY program.
- Disseminate and collect ESY data collection from teachers on the last week of ESY program.
- Complete check out process - meeting with the ESY Program Coordinator on last day of ESY program (July 25, 2013).
- Designate backup for administration of medication, first aid and episodic care.
- Work with ESY Program Coordinator and special education finance office to ensure that school ordering is completed and submitted no later than June 1, 2013.
- Coordinate initial parent notification of ESY teacher assignment, schedule, classroom activities, and general contact information.
- Answer inquiries from parents in person, via the phone and/or email as presented.
- Responsible for all aspects of ESY during the days of operations
- Other duties will be covered at the ESY Site Coordinator meetings.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Martha Amundson, Director of Special Ed Programs at
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
All applicants, including MPS employees, must complete an on-line application at www.mpls.k12.mn.us (click on employment).
In addition, upload an electronic copy of both your cover letter and resume to your application at the time that you apply. Make sure that you apply for the specific position in which you are interested.
Only complete applications, which include all of the following items, will be considered:
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
- Cover Letter
- On-Line Application
Minneapolis Public Schools - 18 months ago