Clayton County Public Schools is seeking applicants for the following position(s): |
FY2014 - Special Education - Interrelated Mathematics Teacher
Job Type: SPECIAL EDUCATION GENERAL CURRICULUM (P-12)
Reports To: Principal
Duty Days: 185
Salary Range: Clayton County Public Schools Teacher Salary Scale for the 2013-2014 School Year
Field(s)/Endorsement(s): SPECIAL EDUCATION GENERAL CURRICULUM (P-12)
Provide special education services in a mathematics classroom to students with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develop or modify curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional materials to student ability levels. Work in self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.
Additional Job Information:
* Participates in IEP conferences including behavior management plans, functional analysis of behavior, placement, and annual reviews.
* Develops strategies for maintaining a classroom environment conducive to effective learning and utilizes effective teaching methods and employs a variety of instructional techniques appropriate to the maturity, interests, and needs of the students.
* Provides appropriate diagnostic testing, identifies student capabilities and monitors student progress on a regular basis.
* Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, CCPS, and GaDOE policies.
* Communicates with parents on an individual or small group basis.
* Consults with appropriate professional staff regarding a student's educational program.
Bachelor's Degree required with a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale. A minimum of one (1) year's teaching experience is preferred. CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Special Education General Curriculum & Math 6-12 (currently GACE Test 081/082 + 022/023)
Grades: 9, 10, 11, 12
Education America Network - 4 months ago