Clayton County Public Schools is seeking applicants for the following position(s): |
FY2014 - Special Education - Visual Impaired Teacher
Job Type: SPECIAL EDUCATION VISUAL IMPAIRMENT (P-12)
Reports To: Principal
Duty Days: 185
Salary Range: Clayton County Public Schools Teacher Salary Scale for the 2013-2014 School Year
Field(s)/Endorsement(s): SPECIAL EDUCATION GENERAL CURRICULUM (P-12), SPECIAL EDUCATION VISUAL IMPAIRMENT (P-12)
* Supports and provides consultation services to students, general education teachers, interpreters and other staff relative to students individualized educational program (I.E.P.);
* Provides an educational program as defined in the student's I.E.P.;
* Works cooperatively with the classroom teachers who have students whose visual functioning interferes with their educational performance or interpreting the abilities and disabilities of these students, assisting in classroom intervention strategies, and assisting the student in regular assignments;
* Communicates regularly with parents and professional staff regarding the educational, social, and personal needs of the student;
* Arranges and facilitates interpreting for parent-teacher conferences;
* Develops and implements an individualized education program for each student complimentary to his/her educational, social and emotional strengths and weaknesses as defined through the multifactored evaluation and I.E.P. process;
* Completes necessary reports and daily record keeping as required by state and local policies and procedures;
* Consults with administrative and supervisory personnel regarding progress and problems of students in the program;
* Develops and implements a system of tracing and evaluating students' academic and social performance on a daily basis.
* Assists with evaluation of vision impaired student;
* Participates in professional growth activities through staff development, in-services, workshops and higher education; and
* Assumes such other responsibilities as requested by the Building Administrator and Special Education Director and/or Coordinator.
Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale. A minimum of one (1) year of teaching experience preferred. CURRICULUM REQUIREMENTS: Special Education General Curriculum, all five content areas & Special Education Vision Impairment Endorsement. (currently GACE Tests 081/082 + 087/088 for P-8) High School is Special Education General Curriculum and content-specific tests.
Grades: 9, 10, 11, 12
Education America Network
- 2 years ago - save job
From kindergarten through twelfth grade, Clayton County Public Schools offers students the best in educational programs and services. Our...