Revised number of days to be worked from 1 year to approx. 2 months
Location: Districtwide (Riverbend Elementary School) Full Time / Approx. 2 Months (8/15/13 through 10/23/13)
This is a long-term substitute position for the 2013-2014 School Year only.
TEACHING POSITION: Requires Alaska teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement(s) (for information visit: http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification ). When appropriate, must be willing and able to test for the NCLB "highly qualified" standard(s). ANY POSITION ADVERTISED AUGUST 15 TH OR LATER WILL BE A ONE-YEAR CONTRACT ONLY.
Make a difference for the children in our community!
Position Summary : The successful individual will manage a student caseload on a special education team and will demonstrate the ability to contribute to a dynamic and innovative team working effectively to enhance the educational program within the school and the district. This person will be aware of, and able to use, multiple forms of assessment.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in education.
- Valid Alaska teaching certificate with a special education endorsement.
- Federally highly-qualified or willing, and able, to test for the NCLB highly- qualified standard(s).
- Recent experience managing large caseloads with a variety of exceptionalities.
- Must be flexible and able to work with colleagues in multiple settings.
- Knowledge of current research in field.
- Knowledge of many teaching strategies for diverse students.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation for parental concern regarding students and be available to parents.
- Behavior management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that promote positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- Recent experience teaching special education.
- Understanding of IDEA requirements.
Compensation : Salary is dependent on experience and education. The Juneau School District offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision. For the FY13 Teachers/Certified staff salary schedule, visit: http://www.juneauschools.org/hr/employee/salary_schedules .
How to Apply :
Please visit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr to complete an online application.
k12jobspot.com - 8 months ago