The job of Teacher is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students' parents or guardians regarding program and student progress.
- Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans.
- Administers developmental testing programs and/or subject specific assessments, etc. for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support fo the school improvement plan.
- Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addresses individual student requirements.
- Directs assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Facilitates student learning for the purpose of achieving success in academic, interpersonal and daily living skills through defined lesson plans.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academic, interpersonal and daily living skills through a defined course of study.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Models conversation, manners, clean up activities, listening skillls, etc. for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social and interpersonal behavior.
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, nap times, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Organizes age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities for the purpose of ensuring student participation in learning activities.
- Participates in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of student, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to Education Code and school policies.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. other teacher, parents, administrators, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
- Support classroom teachers for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of established curriculum and/or individual student plans.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
- Operates copier, computer, standard office equipment, routine desk supplies, classroom materials, playground equipment for the purpose of providing an effective education program.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific Skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying assessment instruments; operating standard office equipment including using pertient software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records; applying curriculum and instructional techniques.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents , and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific Knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: age appropriate activities/behaviors; assessment instruments and techniques; concepts of grammar and punctuation; methods of instruction and training; stages of child development.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumsances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific Ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining constructive relations; adapting to changing work priorities; maintaining confidentiality; exhibiting tact and patience; and working flexible hours.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit; utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is some opportunity to significantly impact the organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifing, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling and significant finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Bachelors degree in job-related area
- Illinois Professional Educator License
- LBSI endorsement
- NCLB Highly Qualified in all core content areas
Minimum starting salary with Bachelors degree:
$46,349 (includes District paid TRS pension)
Minimum starting salary with Masters degree:
$50,521 (includes District paid TRS pension)
Medical and Dental I
Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
Retirement System Pension plan
Tax Deferred Annuities
Employee Assistance Program
Apply online at www.district65.net
Qualified candidates will be notified to schedule an interview.
Evanston/Skokie School District 65 - 4 months ago