NHS Human Services (NHS), through its subsidiaries, is
one of the nation's largest non-profit providers of
community-based human services. With nationally
recognized programs in multiple states, NHS offers a
full range of integrated services to children and adults
in the areas of Mental Health, Intellectual and
Developmental Disabilities, Juvenile Justice, Autism,
Treatment Foster Care, Addictive Diseases, Education,
Elder care, and Traumatic Brain Injury.
NHS is currently seeking a Special Education Teacher to
provide appropriate individualized educational programs
for all students assigned to the classroom. Function as
part of a team to assure quality programming and
accurate documentation of students' progress in all IEP
goals and objectives. This position will also oversee
all aspects of assigned classroom and students. General
responsibilities include, but not all inclusive to:
operation of the overall classroom, program and
- Assume the primary responsibility for the ongoing
monitor the appropriate implementation of all IEPs.
basis to identify priority needs for programming.
- Assess each individual annually or on as needed
the class, write and implement all programs in the
- Participate in all IEP meetings for the students in
- To provide training in all IEP goals established by
and utilize instructional/work techniques, materials
- Provide documentation of program, implement, assess
and professional consultation as necessary to define
and/or enhance the quality of programming.
staff assigned to assist in planning and
- Provide direction to and/or work jointly with any
implementation of the program.
the safety and well being of all students in the
- Must have such mobility and flexibility as to ensure
- Visual and auditory ability to respond appropriately
writing, including the ability to write legibly.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in
Communicate to others in the English language.
- Must be able to effectively manage students with
- Participate in assigned In-service Training or
i.e., Speech, OT, Gym, Art and Music.
- Ensure each student attends out of class therapies,
teacher assistants, 1:1’s, Therapeutic support staff
- Provide direction to other staff in classroom –
necessary materials and collection sheets are
- Ensure that data collection is correct and that all
available at all times for assigned students.
individualized and group programmatic needs.
- Implement activities which are designed to meet
summaries for assigned students and submit in a
- Accurately review student’s data and compute monthly
timely fashion.Attend student and departmental
meetings as required and submit written reports when
Job Requirements:Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Special Eduction
2. Pennsylvania Teaching Certification
3. Minimum of one (1) year work experience is required
NHS is an EOE m/f/v/d
Visit us online at
or on Facebook at
Req. Code : PFT
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)
Northwestern Human Services (operating as NHS Human Services) exists to lend a helping hand to humans throughout the Northeast. The...