Full Time Position (1.0 FTE)
Districtwide (Miller House)
This position is for the 2013/14 School Year with an August 2013 start date.
ANY POSITION ADVERTISED AUGUST 15 TH OR LATER WILL BE A ONE-YEAR CONTRACT ONLY.
TEACHING POSITION: Requires Alaska teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement (s) (for information visit: http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification ). When appropriate, must be willing and able to test for the NCLB "highly qualified" standard(s).
Make a difference for the children in our community!
Position Summary : The successful individual will possess behavior intervention skills, manage a student caseload on a special education team, and will demonstrate the ability to contribute to a dynamic and innovative team working effectively to enhance the educational program within the school and district. This person will be aware of, and able to use, multiple forms of assessment.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education or closely-related field.
- Valid Alaska teaching certificate with a special education endorsement.
- Federally highly-qualified, or willing to test for and pass the NCLB highly qualified standard(s), in appropriate area(s) including Language Arts and Social Science.
- Recent experience managing large caseloads with a variety of exceptions.
- Must be flexible and able to work with colleagues in multiple settings.
- Knowledge of current research in field.
- Knowledge of many teaching strategies for diverse students.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation for parental concern regarding students and be available to parents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that promote positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
Compensation : Salary is dependent on experience and education. The Juneau School District offers a competitive salary – visit: http://www.jsd.k12.ak.us/newdistrict/personnel/salaryschedule/index.php to see the JEA/Certified Teachers Salary Schedule for FY13. We also offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, visit: http://www.juneauschools.org/hr/employee/benefits , the Teachers Retirement System (TRS) plan, see: http://www.state.ak.us/drb/dcrp/dcrplansummary.pdf .
- Master's degree in Education.
- Certified as highly-qualified in math per the NCLB standards.
- Recent experience teaching special education.
- Understanding of IDEA requirements.
How to Apply: Visit our website at: http://www.juneauschools.org/hr to complete an online application.
k12jobspot.com - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard