SDCOE is recruiting for a Special Education Teacher - Visually Impaired, for the South County SELPA, and working with the South Bay Union School District in Imperial Beach, CA. The Special Education Teacher will participate as a team member for all children whose visual impairment may impact their educational performance, will assist the assigned district in making appropriate referrals for vision services, will review opthamological reports, and assess students' visual functioning. |
This position requires one of the following current, valid, CA credentials:
• Education Specialist Credential – Visually Impaired. or:
• Special Secondary Credential - Partially Sighted Child
• Special Secondary Credential - Blind
• Exceptional Children Credential - Visually Handicapped
• Teaching Credential with Minor - Visually Handicapped
• Restricted Special Education Credential - Visually Handicapped
• Limited Specialized Preparation Credential - Visually Handicapped
• Specialist Credential in Special Education - Visually Handicapped
including an English learner authorization.
This position also requires post-graduate coursework in Special Education for visually handicapped. Experience working with students ages three through 21 is preferred. Applicants must have experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary team doing assessments, interpreting ophthalmological evaluations, writing intervention plans, and providing family/staff consultation.
CPR and first aid certification is highly desirable.
In addition to your EdJoin application, please attach the following:
Resume, detailing education and experience
Letter of Introduction
Three current letters of recommendation
Employment Services Certificated
Special Education - NCCSE
Directions to SDCOE
Employment with SDCOE is contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer background check and physical exam, which includes a drug and alcohol screening.
The San Diego County Office of Education is an equal opportunity employer.