Special Education Teacher at Bradford, a public charter school located in Southfield, MI. Qualifications include MI teacher certification including specific endorsements in Special Education and love for all children.
Why Choice School Associates?
Choice Schools Associates shares your excitement for the opportunity to work with school age children and to join forces with a dedicated and well-trained faculty. The faculty and staff at CSA Academies are impressive educators and professionals. You seek to join a 100% credentialed team of professional educators and service providers.
Our teaching faculty exceeds the certification requirements mandated by the Michigan Department of Education and our Authorizers. CSA teachers enjoy the benefits of working in a collaborative environment where they are encouraged to reach their full potential as professional educators. Shared decision making is important to achieving CSA and respective Academies' missions, goals, and objectives.
· Accepts responsibility for the achievement of students.
· Shares a commitment to the success of the mission, goals, and objectives of the Academy.
· Guides the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals and implementation of personal learning plans of students.
· Demonstrates effective planning and organization for instruction.
· Selects appropriate materials for implementation of the curriculum and adapts materials and methods to learning styles and abilities of students.
· Uses creative instructional methods and procedures and adapts effectively to unusual situations.
· Motivates students to achieve at their highest level of ability and potential through classroom activities, assignments, relationships, participation and feedback; holds high expectations and demonstrates sensitivity to different learning styles.
· Uses resources effectively to support learning activities in the classroom, the Academy, and the community.
· Demonstrates exceptional classroom techniques which include the art of questioning, clarity of assignments, communications in large and small groups with individual students, an atmosphere of mutual respect, independent thought and expression, and student and teacher experiences.
· Works cooperatively with parents and generates parents’ confidence in the teacher.
· Demonstrates genuine concern for students in a climate characterized by high personal and student expectations.
· Promotes good citizenship through actions as a role model.
· Provides a classroom atmosphere based on the principles of firm, fair, and consistent practices, respect for individual children, and development of responsible citizenship.
· Participates in the development of polices and regulations that affect instruction and conditions of success.
· Uses technology effectively for instruction, record keeping and other administrative tasks, and communications.
· Shares responsibility for professional, cooperative staff relations and for out-of-class activities important to the operation of the Academy.
· Conducts himself or herself according to professional, ethical principles.
· Continually strives to improve classroom methods, teaching techniques, and interpersonal relationships.
· Shares responsibility for marketing the Academy in the community.
· Displays personal qualities, which reflect favorably upon the individual, the group, and the
· Displays pride in being a teacher and a member of the Academy.
· Assumes other responsibilities assigned by the Principal.