Special Events Intern - Summer 2012 - New York Red Bulls (Harrison, NJ)
New York Red Bull Special Events Interns have the unique opportunity to learn the organizational aspects of planning events and experiencing match days for a professional sports team. The responsibilities of this position include, assist with the development of event specific management and match day production.
SPECIAL EVENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
GAME DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help facilitate all Red Bull Arena events
- Assist in the development of venue selection, production, set-up, promotional planning, logistics, staffing and breakdown for off-site events.
- Ensure all events uphold “Red Bull” standards while delivering a premium experience to the consumer
- Help coordinate with selected Pub Pack members on all away game viewing parties
- Assist with the activation of events at Red Bull Arena
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Each intern is expected to be available to work all home games
- Help to coordinate with arena personnel responsible for multimedia aspects of the script
- Assist with other marketing related match day activities
- Organize and execute photo request list and assets for all match days
- Coordinate sales and ceremonial activities during pre-game, halftime or post-game
- Various duties will be assigned as needed
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Apply for this position
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Special event and budget management experience
- This individual should provide helpful and courteous customer service to all vendors and guests and have the ability to problem solve on the fly.
- Must be detail-orientated, self-motivated, and enthusiastic, along with excellent oral and written skills.
- Must be proficient w/ the following computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe.