**This position is only located at Lynwood Recreation Center.**
Candidate will help children with special needs and their families develop self-confidence, abilities to better care for their own educational, psychosocial, and/or health needs, and to form successful networks of support with one another and their communities. This position reports the Camp Director and Camp Leadership Staff.
- To live and work in a community residential setting providing care for children with special medical, physical, emotional, social, or financial needs.
- High School Diploma and 1 year college or post-high school experience in a related field.
- Ability to lead campers with special needs in a residential setting, including monitoring and managing behavior and providing for basic personal care (e.g., grooming).
- Candidate must have a valid and current certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of child and youth development, including physical, psychosocial, and educational aspects of development.
- Ability to plan, originate, and carry out daily and special programs.
- Specialized training, certification, skills or experience in one or more of the following: water safety, environmental education, visual arts, theatre arts, music, behavior management, other related skills.
- Experience working with children or youth in a camp or other setting.
Employee Orientation: May 29, 30 and 31, 2013 (8:30am-4pm)
Summer Camp Dates: June 3, 2013 thru August 2, 2013
Summer Camp Hours: 7am-6pm