Serving 4,000 plus students per academic year, Bunker Hill Community Colleges Learning Communities are the cornerstone of a comprehensive student success campaign. Students enrolled in Learning Communitiesbenefit from active and interdisciplinary learning experiences, mentoring, and integrated support services that make it more likely they will stay in college, do well in their courses, and achieve their academic goals.
The Office of Learning Communities seeks a full-time employee to support the Office of Learning Communities in the following ways:
- Coordinate the learning community peer mentor program (A.C.E. Mentors), including interviewing, hiring and training of peer mentors
- Provide logistical support for the scale up of learning communities
- Handle day-to-day operations, such as scheduling of events, for learning communities
- Serve as liaison with student support offices, including the Language Lab, Student Success Program, Success Coaches, Tutoring and Academic Support Center and Writing Place
- Assist the Director of Learning Communities in working with student learning community participants
- Develop a web presence and produce a regular e-newsletter for learning communities
- Collect and prepare data for grant reports
- Bachelors degree, Masters degree preferred
- Two years of experience on the post-secondary level in student development or teaching
- Experience implementing learning community pedagogy and practice preferred
- Demonstrated organizational abilities
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Salary Range: $45,940.43 - 55,126.98 Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By March 14, 2013.
Application Instructions: Resume, cover letter and copy of transcripts. (Unofficial is acceptable) SUMBIT APPLICATION MATERIALS IN CONFIDENCE TO: Bhcc.InterviewExchange.com – Click on the position and click on “Apply Now” and follow the instructions. Fax Large Transcript Files to: (617) 228-3328.
HispanicsInHigherEd.com - 17 months ago