JOB TITLE: Special Projects Assistant – College Initiatives
REPORTS TO: Director of Alumni Transitions
JOB GOAL : This is an opportunity for an undergraduate college student to partner with the Alumni Program team to advance the YES Prep mission by providing resources and support to alumni in pursuit of a college degree. The intern will act as a resource to Alumni Program directors assisting with the management of special projects, including but not limited to: communications (inclusive of social media and marketing design); data collection and entry; and program planning and implementation.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist with the management of social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+;
- Design flyers, brochures and other related marketing materials;
- Collect and enter data in a web-based alumni portal, Excel spreadsheets, and create various data reports;
- Assist with alumni and alumni parent outreach efforts through phone calls, texts and emails;
- Assist with the planning and implementation of alumni events;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools’ mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, Employee Field Guide expectations, and code of ethical behavior as stated in the Field Guide;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Enrollment in or recent graduate of an accredited undergraduate baccalaureate degree program
Skills and Mindsets:
- Working knowledge of various social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram
- Some experience with marketing materials and graphic design software such as Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience with event planning and implementation preferred, including logistical and technical needs
- General comfort with technology and the usage thereof.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools;
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team;
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional;
- Belief that every student can and will achieve;
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once;
- Detail-oriented and self-directed;
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker;
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours of duty
- Some light manual labor
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION :
Length of Work Year:
$12 per hour; (10-15 hours per week); position is based out of the YES Prep Home Office; evening and weekend commitments will be occasionally required; some travel in the Houston area may be necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience; YES offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues. This position is eligible for medical benefits only with YES Prep.
* The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
For over seventeen years, YES Prep Public Schools has redefined what is possible in public education. With more than 10,000 college-bound...