Non-represented Hourly position (approx. 20-25 hours/week)- No benefits
REACH (Recreation and Education Accelerating Children’s Hopes) is a grant-funded after school program provided in partnership with the El Rancho Unified School District. REACH is designed to enhance children’s overall academic performance, reduce absenteeism, improve behavior and re-engage the child in the educational process by providing homework assistance, mentoring, performing arts and recreational activities in a safe, supervised environment. The Classroom Leaders are responsible for providing engaging and positive daily learning experiences to approximately 20 students .
Work schedule coincides with the El Rancho Unified School District calendar (ERUSD is closed during school holidays, furlough days, winter, spring, and summer recesses).
- Supervise and ensure the safety of students at all times.
- Maintain clean and organized classroom areas.
- Facilitate in the delivery of the LitART Literacy Curriculum including the literacy, math, enrichment, recreational, and homework support activities.
- Actively participate in professional development activities including training workshops, coaching, and facilitated meetings.
- Employ positive classroom management and discipline techniques.
- Communicate with parents and volunteers as needed.
- Record and maintain daily attendance records and assist in the sign-out process.
- Consistently support the mission of the REACH Program.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their high school diploma or the equivalent, and have two years of college (48 semester units or 60 quarter units), or Associate’s (AA) degree or higher or pass the Instructional Aide written exam. (Applicants must provide acceptable proof of college education with application materials.)
- Relevant experience working with children and developing and implementing programs to help them improve their academic and social skills is desirable.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Bilingual in Spanish is desirable.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Must possess (within 30 days of hire) and maintain certification in American Red Cross (ARC) Infant/Child/Adult CPR, Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) and Community First Aid and Safety (online CPR certifications will not be accepted).
FINAL FILING DATE : Recruitment will remain open until a sufficient amount of applications have been received and may close without prior notice. Selection of candidates will be on a first come, first served basis. As employment applications are received, they will be immediately reviewed. Candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be invited to begin the testing process.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver’s License throughout the course of employment.
TESTING : Written Exam= Qualifying Oral Interview = 100%
Note: Applicants that fail to provide acceptable proof of higher education must pass Instructional Aide written exam with a minimum score of 70% in order to qualify for the oral interview.
All prospective employees will be required to satisfactorily complete a Department of Justice background check, reference checks and a post-offer physical examination including a drug screen at the City’s expense.
A fully completed City application and supplemental questionnaire may be obtained and filed online at www.pico-rivera.org .. All application materials must be submitted online. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of, the required application materials (such as a copy of high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, if applicable). Employees who regularly work less than 40 hours per week do not acquire regular status and are not entitled to benefits. Such employees serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority and are classified as at-will employees. The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.
The City of Pico Rivera is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
City of Pico Rivera, CA - 14 months ago