The Specialist of Training and Quality will be responsible for overseeing the delivery and development of Call Center service observation programs and training efforts to meet the knowledge, skills and performance needs of the business and employees. This person will be responsible for the design; delivery and scheduling of training and development for staff, including: new hire functional training, refresher training, leadership training and on-going staff development.
- Create the infrastructure for a customer service-based training program and provide training and educational opportunities for Call Center personnel and provide leadership to the SOE Team.
- Establish an integrated quality and training department within the Customer Service organization; focusing on managing the quality calibration program, and developing an integrated quality measurement tool to gauge the effectiveness of training programs
- Develop and administer a training progression model. Monitor the effectiveness of programs developed and/or administered.
- Develop dynamic curricula and presentations, communications, documents, desk guides and evaluation instruments. Prepare training aids such as instructional materials, handouts, evaluation forms and visual aids; set up audiovisual equipment and make presentations when necessary.
- Review, evaluate, recommend changes, and modify existing and proposed programs as necessary
- Manage quality review program for customer service that integrates all channels for customer interaction (email, telephone, and fax).
- Coordinate workshops, seminars and conferences and provides for specific training in areas of new development applicable to the Davis Vision or HVHC operations.
- Prepare and analyze reports of training conducted, effectiveness of training and attainment of goals.
- Manage skills inventory program to effectively utilize employees' capabilities in staffing the organization.
- Direct, review and evaluate training materials developed by others for consistency, technical accuracy and compliance with established standards and department policies.
- Schedule the appropriate classroom(s) and coordinate the physical setup (collaborating with facilities and helpdesk for setup).
- Schedule new hire and continuous professional development training. Provide updated materials to subject matter trainers who are responsible for specific training modules and monitor classes conducted by those trainers.
- Provide updates to management regarding additional training opportunities, associate development, and personnel matters that arise during training sessions.
- Develop and maintain a training resource pool, providing evaluations of trainer presentations and assisting in the development of said resources. Track and trend trainee success and implement improvements and efficiencies, utilizing but not limited to the PIP process.
- Facilitate leadership training programs as directed.
- Ability to work alternative shifts and some travel required
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum two (2) years experience corporate training
Experience & Background:
- Quality management best practice and benchmarking experience
- Experience with Service Quality Management (SQM), ISO, or Total Quality Management (TQM) programs
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning theories, employee development and knowledge management practices
- Ability to coach and mentor, providing clear feedback and follow through to enforce and reinforce changes in performance
- Work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving
- Excellent oral, written and visual presentation skills
- Ability to organize materials in a sequential order for workshops, handouts, presentations and other learning tools
- Experience in presentations, web-based and traditional classroom training
- Ability to set goals and objectives, remaining flexible to change
- Excellent conceptual and project management skills
- Ability to research and compile information to make training and development program recommendations based on staffing needs and departmental goals
- High level PC and software and learning management system skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Davis Vision Incorporated - 18 months ago