The San Diego office of the American Diabetes Association seeks a mature and motivated Administrative Specialist to become a part of our team.
* Provides administrative and logistical support to field services staff to ensure efficient operations and completion of projects and events.
* Processes and maintains data for correspondence, reports, and spreadsheets
* Receives and screens telephone calls for internal staff, volunteers, and vendors and responds accordingly
* Makes follow-up phone calls
* Assist staff in recruiting event participants and solicits for event prizes
* Prepares materials and mailings for fundraising events
* Orders office program materials
* Assists with event logistics and may have responsibilities for the administration portion of an event
* Responsible for processing financial receipts in accordance with Association standards.
This position requires strong administrative/support and data entry skills as well as the ability to multi-task. Strong customer service skills and organizational skills are required, as this position interacts frequently with association volunteers, participants and staff.
• Associate’s degree preferred
• Minimum of two years of administrative, marketing or event coordination experience
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products, email & Internet
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal, customer relations and communications skills
• Occasional evening/weekend work
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
When you join us, you can expect competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, a true focus on work-life balance, training and support from your team leaders, and the latest resources available to ensure that you succeed in meeting your goals and objectives.
An equal opportunity employer.
"Together we can Stop Diabetes"
The American Diabetes Association (www.diabetes.org) is the nation's premier voluntary health organization supporting diabetes research,...