Pay & Benefits
We offer excellent compensation and benefits for exceptional employees. Benefits include your choice of medical and dental plans for qualified employees and their dependents/domestic partners, including drug and vision. We offer Company paid life insurance and a 401(k) plan with pre-tax employee contributions with a Company match.
Directly participates in, oversees and manages security as it relates to the company's systems. This position interfaces directly with other engineers to assure security best practices are incorporated in new and current configurations throughout the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
25% Assure PCI and SOX compliancy is maintained by performing internal and external audits and recommending changes to GCC documentation and SOPs
25% Serve as an escalation point for Tier 1 incident response team by investigating potential security breaches, developing mitigation strategies for breaches, and validating proper mitigation
25% Provide oversight of security-related monitoring systems, including log management, IDS/IPS alerts, and investigate changes detected by various systems
25% Deploy security controls to critical infrastructure
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies and Behaviors
- Problem solving and analytical - Ability to analyze complex deal structures
- Strong writing skills - Ability to communicate effectively through concise writing
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills;
- Strong sense of accountability
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks
- Process oriented - Knows and understands how to create efficient scalable and repeatable processes
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction including with follow-up
- Decision-making (makes sound, well informed, fact-based decisions)
- Results driven with a sense of urgency
- Change Management - adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Strong attention to detail¿accurate data gathering, insightful analysis, ability to manage logistics and tactical details with flawless execution
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork and project management skills
- Proven track record in working effectively with cross functional groups, sales organizations, and operations.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- Strong presentation skills with the emphasis of leading and facilitating discussions, directing meetings and documenting follow-up requirements.
- Possesses the appropriate level of technical/functional expertise and knowledge.
- Understands and applies procedures, regulations, and policies related to areas of specialized expertise.
- Utilizes technology-based tools and processes
- Continuous learning and development
- Customer service focus and orientation
A. Education and/or Experience
B. Professional training and experience
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical/security field or a non-technical degree and/or combination of directly related work experience commensurate to 2-4 years experience.
C. Computer / Technical Skills
- Professional security related experience (i.e. GCIA,CISSP) and use of security principles and practices
- 3 to 5 years of experience in information security
- Project/Time Management experience
- Experience with PCI and SOX compliance on internal and external audits
- LAN/WAN experience required
- Experience in networking technology and network security required (i.e. firewalls, SOX, PCI, ACL, IDS, IPS, VPN, TCPIP protocols)
- Experience with software and security architectures
- Solid and current experience in all/most of the following:
Log management tools (syslog)
Databases (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle)
Cisco network and security devices
Palo Alto firewalls
VMware (vCenter, vShield)
Common information security tools, such as wireshark, Nessus, Baseline Security Analyzer
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Demonstrated work experience in project and task management proficiency with the ability to prioritize and execute accordingly
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on assigned projects
- Ability to work in a changing environment while maintaining a high level of quality and productivity
- Must be able to function as a member of a team but able to work and remain productive while working independently with little or no supervision
- Able to maintain a professional manner during difficult escalation situations
- Present a professional image in customer fronting situations
- Daytime tour of duty; occasional scheduled night and weekend work
- Work may be performed in an enclosed area lacking windows
- May require late hours and weekends to complete assignments and projects.
- Indoor work - Exposed to indoor conditions, dust, noise, dirt, heat, various lighting conditions, etc
- Ability to multi-task at a very fast pace
- Flexibility to adjust quickly to many moving facets of the job
- Ability to make quick situational assessments and react accordingly
- Requires leveraging leadership and a variety of technical skills to work across internal groups as well as with vendors and industry partners to support service offerings and infrastructure capabilities.
- Requires alignment with the Company's F.A.S.T. values
- Requires alertness and attention to detail
- Requires managing multiple functions and tasks
- Work may be performed a various locations under varying conditions.
- Requires standing, sitting, lifting/carrying supplies and training materials up to 40 lbs, and reading paper documentation and electronic communications.
- May require traveling to various locations and company branches and departments throughout the State of Hawaii in a timely manner so must possess a valid Hawaii State Driver's License.
- May require sitting and/or standing for long periods of time.
- May require identifying and distinguishing colors.
- Required to meet multiple priorities and project due dates. May require late hours and weekends to complete assignments and projects.
This job description provides a general description of the common duties performed by a person in this position. It does not include every possible duty an individual in this position may be asked to perform and is not all-encompassing. Jobs also may require other duties as assigned and such assignments are considered part of this position's job assignment. This job description is provided as a general summary and does not constitute a contract for employment, and does not in any way alter Hawaiian Telcom's employment-at-will relationship with any employee in this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Hawaiian Telcom provides equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable state and federal law, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest and court record, military/veteran status, and any other classification protected by law. We invite all applicants to confidentially self-identify when applying.
ZipRecruiter - 2 years ago
No "coconut telegraph," Hawaiian Telcom, through its operating subsidiaries, provides modern telecommunications services to...