The Operations Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day Preventive Maintenance and Repair of the rotating equipment (with the exclusion of gas compressors and electric motors). Develops safe work processes and procedures and coordinates maintenance with Access operations with COI production personal and contract operations within the company. The Operations Specialist ensures that the all rotating equipment is operated and maintained in compliance with all Company and applicable regulatory requirements as well as ensures that equipment is set up to maximize return on investment capital.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
o Pumps, air compressors, desiccant dryers, block valves, check valves, regulators, control valves and liquid dump valves.
- Identify, report and take immediate action to correct unsafe rotating equipment conditions.
- Ensure compliance with EH&S procedure manual
- Promote a positive teamwork environment.
- Ensure tailgate safety meetings are conducted prior to starting activities.
- Identify and report safety hazards, observe all safety requirements and actively strive to provide a safe work environment for company employees, customers, contractors and the public.
- Knowledgeable in inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting and/or repairs of:
o Overpressure protection devices including relief valves, high-pressure overrides, rupture disks and pressure limiting devices.
o Liquid level, pressure, differential pressure and flow switches and indicators.
o Vapor recovery units and associated instruments and controls.
o Emergency shutdown systems and associated instruments and controls, including facility fire eyes, gas detectors, etc.
o Diaphragm, centrifugal, glycol exchange and multiplex positive displacement pump skids and associated instruments and controls.
o Methanol and chemical injection pumps.
o Liquid storage tanks, piping, emergency vents, in-line vents, flame arrestors and secondary containment systems.
o Separation and filtration equipment and associated instruments and controls.
o Plan and perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities for gas pipelines, dehydration equipment, overpressure protection devices, separation and other related appurtenances.
- Develop spreadsheets to track and analyze, recurring problem areas, excessive O&M costs, excessive down time, etc.
- Assist in developing and implementing procedures and best practices as related to O&M of rotating equipment assets.
- Ensure compliance with DOT, LEDQ EPA, FERC, One-Call and other regulatory agencies where applicable.
- Perform assessments of company facilities to ensure compliance with industry and company O&M procedures and practices.
- Prepare project cost options and assist in project cost tracking.
- Maintain efficient operations of tray and packed dehydration and other gas conditioning facilities including emission control devices, filtration devices, reboilers, flash separators, fuel scrubbers and periodic analysis of chemicals.
- Assist with startup and initial commissioning of new facility equipment to include: dehydration units, gas conditioning equipment, and other standard equipment.
- Capable of handling line freezes/hydrates in a safe and efficient manner.
- Work with engineering to improve equipment efficiencies.
- Inspect contractors to ensure work is performed according to company standards, policies and procedures
- Prepare all required reports and submit to required individuals.
- Maintain adequate materials in stock.
- Identify and report potential maintenance and capital project requirements for budget forecasting.
- Assist facility house keeping.
- Provide strict surveillance and enforcement of all security, safety, and environmental rules and procedures on company facilities at all times.
- Assist with special projects, job scope preparation and project cost estimating.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate contract personnel.
- Audit vendors to meet company specifications; routinely monitor services provided by third party vendors to maintain company standards.
- Communicate and coordinate maintenance projects on all facilities with Operations Foremen and with Operations Superintendents.
- Review, maintain and modify job data books as needed, etc.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Carry cell phone while on-call and respond to call-outs, potentially including weekends, nights and holidays
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education & Work Experience required
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Any associate who drives a company or personal vehicle for Company business must possess a valid driver licenses and follow all guidelines that are outlined in the Company’s Fleet Policy.
- Must be a leader who is bright and technically sound.
- Must be a visionary and “hands-on”, capable of interacting effectively at every level within the business.
- Must be a team player as well as a goal-oriented individual who functions with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a strong track record in facilities design and operations.
- Must have 5 years of field operations experience.
- Must have 5 years in natural gas gathering.
- Production and/or construction experience is strongly desired.
Access Midstream Partners - 22 months ago
Access Midstream Partners, L.P. (ACMP) is a growth-oriented midstream natural gas services provider with operations focused on owning,...