The Specialist – Procurement will negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment and services. As well as, manage inventory levels for the Operations group.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and build relationships with key suppliers.
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating conditions and costs of materials, equipment, services and supplies from vendors with a view towards maximizing value associated with the procurement process.
- Establish Strategic Contracting Agreements with input from customer groups.
- Establish Purchasing Policies and monitor compliance.
- Review material/service bids and award contracts based on cost and deliverability.
- Work closely with engineering and operations managers to develop and execute procurement plans and the Project Coordination Group to manage material transfers, inventories and orders.
- Develop inventory management system to maintain and track inventory levels at field locations and vendor’s warehouses.
- Work with key suppliers to arrange warehousing agreements for long lead time materials.
- Track and report supplier performance against expectations.
- Develop processes and tools as needed to manage the procurement process.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead change by modifying work practices of employee groups where needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- All duties are to be performed in accordance with Chesapeake’s Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Strong customer focus.
- Capable of interacting effectively with multiple groups.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related discipline (technical preferred).
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-4 years experience in procurement and contract administration in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience with the development and administration of procurement programs will be given preferential consideration.
Access Midstream Partners - 20 months ago
Access Midstream Partners, L.P. (ACMP) is a growth-oriented midstream natural gas services provider with operations focused on owning,...