The Specialist - Surgical Instruments inspects, assembles and evaluates all surgical instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of set, and to determine need for repair/replacement.
Education & Experience:
- Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization containers and equipment according to established protocols.
- Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure cleanliness and proper functioning.
- Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for case carts.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Previous experience in a medical setting preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Current Sterile Processing certification required.
How to Apply
To Find your Place, visit
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V).
A mission of
A vision of
A Member of Ascension Health - 17 months ago