Overall Purpose of the Role:
To provide assistance to the Head of Department to achieve budgetary targets, to provide strong technical expertise, to maintain and develop strong client relationships and with emphasis on business-getting.
Duties include but are not limited to the following)
- Act as business-getter for South Kensington/King Street, with a focus on developing pipeline of short and long term business
- Develop long-term relationships with clients
- Review incoming photo inquires and respond to clients
- Undertake valuations including front counter, estimate requests and travelling as required
- Catalogue property for auction, including research into authenticity, attribution, literature, provenance and catalogue notes.
Work on catalogue production and layout
- Assist on sale set-up
- Prepare condition reports
- Assist clients during sale week; attending weekend views and events
- Function as liaison with Valuations/Heritage and Taxation departments and work on CGTs and retrospective valuations
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History or Decorative Arts to equivalent
- Working knowledge and understanding of Topographical Pictures
- Significant paid work experience in related field
- Demonstrated ability in appraising property and business-getting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook and Excel
- Fluency in English
Christie's - 23 months ago
Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc. is a global visual technologies company and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ushio, Inc., Japan,...