Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Finance
Responsible for processing all payments made to the hotel in accordance with hotel accounting standards; Reconciles daily statements and month-end balancing of receivables.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of property management system and manual procedures.
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies, forms and resource materials; report shortages to supervisor.
- Answer telephone.
- Maintain accurate files on all work.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel room rates, packages, special programs and all pricing.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel credit policy.
- Audit and update city ledger accounts.
- Send out billing statements and maintain files on such.
- Print and follow up on aging reports.
- Print, follow up and maintain files on dunning letters.
- Reconcile cash payments received with each with billing statements and post payment in system.
- Process credit card payments.
- Balance advance deposits.
- Prepare advance deposits refunds.
- Prepare commission payments for travel agent/sites.
- Handle calls on disputed charges.
- Research and process disputed credit card charge-backs.
- Handle inquiries on charges from credit card companies.
- Handle returned checks.
- Process A&P charges and compiles weekly logs.
- Process A&G charges and compiles weekly logs.
- Process special promotions rebates and compile weekly logs.
- Process duty meal rebates.
- Post all rebates according to schedule.
- Audit all postings and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Perform credit checks on clients requesting direct billing.
- Print designated reports and distribute as specified by Controller.
- Handle disputed charges by guests.
- Assist with other Accounting job functions as assigned.
- Document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to manager.
- Assist in calling clients to verify receipt of statements.